Chapter 38

Chapter 38;

*Laynes POV*

I felt like I have been falling forever. It felt like a deep, black hole full of nothing and I was just gonna keep falling. Is this what death feels like? I could only imagine. But as soon as I thought it was gonna end, I landed on a steel floor, and it was dark.

I shook my head and looked down at my body. It was just as cut up and bruised as I remembered it. I stood up slowly, glancing around. I could not see absolutely anything, except the floor lit up. I started walking, endlessly trying to find out if I was in Heaven or Hell. I wonder if even vampires have a God.

I wandered aimlessly until I heard a voice boom throughout wherever I was.

"Hello, Layne,"

I frantically looked around. "Who are you? Where am I?"

The voice chuckled. It sounded familiar. "I'm who you'd least expect. You're not going anywhere, for a long while,"

"What does that even mean?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Layne, you're not going anywhere. You're not dead. You're hallucinating,"

"What do you mean I'm not dead?!"

The voice hesitated. "Vampires cannot die. They live forever; an eternal hell,"

My stomach dropped. So I would never die? Even if I did, I would live in an eternal hell? My only chance of escaping is now just a dream. I would be stuck on earth, forever... I hate my life.

"Whatever," I didn't know what else to say.

The voice starting laughing hysterically and then everything turned black.

-

*Cadences POV*

I felt Layne push me off of him as he sat up. He was panting but he seemed frantic. I looked up at him, climbing back on to the edge of the bed.

"Layne? What's wrong?"

He looked at me with crazed eyes. "I can't die... I can't.. If I do, I will live in an eternal hell.."

He was speaking nonsense. "What do you mean you can't die?" I started smiling. I couldn't help it. I knew he was gonna be okay.

"Vampires... Can't die.."

I couldn't hide my smile anymore. Layne looked at me with anger in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm just happy because I can't lose you,"

His face turned disgusted. "The fuck? You're happy about this? I'm not. I was looking forward to a peaceful end, and now it's taken from me!"

My stomach felt like it was in my throat. "Layne, I-"

He held his hand up. "No. Don't. I don't need this right now. Cadence, I think for now, we need to have a break.."

My smile was completely gone. I felt the tears well up again. "You're leaving me? After all this?"

"I need time to think. Sorry,"

He got up, stumbled across the room, and exited the room, slamming the door. I was left alone in a dark, empty room, with only the moon illuminating the room. I couldn't quite grasp what had just happened. I don't want to believe that he just left me. I'm happy he's okay, but he's not happy.

I laid down on the bed, glaring the ceiling. I did what I do best, and just cried.

Authors Note: okay, I know haven't updated in forever, but I am working on senior project, I have my job to worry about, and I have marching band going on so I'm really sorry! I will try and update more, but what did y'all think of this update? I know it's short so don't even mention that.