Chapter 35

Chapter 35;

*Cadences POV*

"We have to kill Austin, and we have to do it fast," I murmured, pacing around in front of Layne.

He was sitting on the couch, along with Labiba and Juliet. They were talking about how Caine should join our side but Labiba was the only one against it.

"Have you not come to your senses? Caine will not hesitate to kill any of us,"

By us, she meant me. She eyed me for a split second and then redirected her attention back to the angry vampire. His eyes were slits and his fists were balled up but he was trying not to show it.

"I'm trying to see what can benefit us! Caine knows how to manipulate people, and we can use that against them,"

She sat there and thought about it for a few minutes. "Why not use a witch? Anything but that damn vampire,"

"Why are you so resentful about him?"

She crossed her arms. "Hm, I don't know? Maybe because he took you hostage and made you think Cadence was dead? He was going to kill her, Lucifer!"

Layne pursed his lips. He seemed to be thinking really hard because he had nothing to say. Labiba smirked at him and then looked at me.

"I suggest we bait him and when he's distracted, we kill him,"

That was all she said before she was gone. Layne was actually considering it for a moment before he directed his attention towards me.

"Will you be up for it, princess?"

I nodded. "Anything to get him off my back and end this once and for all,"

He nodded and then exited the room.

-

*Laynes POV*

I stepped outside in my backyard, slumping against the glass door. I had no idea what to do and I didn't want Cadence to get hurt. What was Labiba thinking? Why would Cadence even agree to it? It's too dangerous...

I sighed and turned to open the door until I heard a familiar, faint sound come from behind me. My eyes turned to slits, and my hand stayed on the door handle.

"Whoever you are, I suggest you don't sneak up on me," I muttered, coldly.

"I wasn't trying to," the voice was more firm and assertive. It sounded so familiar... "I'm here to help in anyway I can,"

My eyes widened. Did my ears deceive me? I slowly turned my head over my shoulder and I saw Clark standing there... Or hovering I should say. Why is he alive?! I killed him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I whirled around, angrily. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Now, Layne... Don't be upset. I thought you would need my help and-"

"Why the fuck are you alive?!" I growled.

He hesitated. "All supernatural beings turn into ghosts... I thought you would be happy that I was alive, cause you know, last time I checked, we were still friends?!"

The word 'friends' bit at me like a snake. "I killed you to protect my house and the people I cared for... But since you're still alive, that means that damn witch will break the spell..." My mind began to worry, and stress.

"Layne, everything will be fine. I want to kill Austin with you... I found out something that I could do..."

I raised my eyebrow. Clark smirked and then started shaking. He got down on his hands and knees and then started turning into a huge wolf... A ghost wolf. How can that be? He was a wolf, but he was still a ghost.

Clark lifted his head up at me, and his eyes glistened. "See? I can even talk too. I don't know how I can do this, but I'm the only one who can. I can help you,"

I let out a heavy sigh, and crossed my arms. I was still really pissed off that he was alive, but if the demons don't expect this to come, then we have an advantage. I nodded, and turned to go inside.

"Hey, Lucifer?"

I stopped.

"Nice seeing you, again,"

I didn't say anything as I entered my house.

-

Sorry that this is a really short and bad chapter but this story is coming to an end sadly. I might only write one or two more chapters to it... But the good news is that I'm writing a romance fiction book and y'all should definitely read it when it's up! I hope y'all are still loyal readers and it would be great if y'all read it! It's gonna be called "Entangled".