5 - Ice Skating

"Are you sure you want it?" Luka greeted Marinette and she smiled at him in reply.

"Yes. I have to charm away the ice rink."

"OK then."

"Thank you."

"But you should be aware that this time it will be a real date." He warned.

"Fi-Fine." She nodded, blushing.

He took her hand and they moved towards the ice rink. Luka felt her tension when they went inside. He sighed. It would be more difficult than he thought. Maybe it would be better if he gave her some time? Maybe... Maybe he felt a little bit as a Plan B...?

Marinette glanced at him sideways. As if she heard his thoughts. She stopped at the door, and when he looked at her in surprise, she reminded him shyly:

"It's a date, isn't it?"

"Y-Yes."

"OK." She nodded and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. Like yesterday at the Place de la Concorde.

"What was that for?" he asked in astonishment.

"Do I need a reason to kiss you?" she smiled. "Yesterday you didn't mind. Besides, we're on a date. You've just confirmed that too. Besides, I'm charming away this place, remember?"

"Are you going to charm away a lot of things?"

"Quite a lot..."

"Well, I like that." He gave her a wink and took her hand.

He led her to a skate storage, then they went to the ice rink. It was a coincidence that they came to the same bench as last time – with Adrien and Kagami. Marinette glanced at Luka. He turned to her and embraced her immediately.

"Let me guess... We're charming away this place?" he said with a wink, and she laughed. He didn't hesitate anymore and just kissed her.

"Uhm..." she muttered when he broke the kiss.

"You're right, it's a lot more to be charmed away." He nodded and kissed her again.

Skates landed on the floor, and Luka and Marinette stood embraced in endless kisses, as if they wanted to replace all memories related to this bench with the new ones.

"I think we should at least try to skate a bit..." Marinette whispered after a while.

"You're right Ma-Marinette. At least try to go onto the ice."

She chuckled and sat down to put the skates on. Then she remembered the moment when Adrien had joined her to ask her how to start talking to Kagami. She sighed involuntarily.

Luka immediately kneeled in front of her and smiled comfortingly at her.

"I think this bench needs to be charmed away too..." he whispered and pecked her lips. "And now, let's go skating, ok?" he stood up and reached for her hand.

"Yeah, let's go skating!" she agreed and gave him her hand.

Marinette discovered that she had much more fun now, when she wasn't distracted by watching Adrien and Kagami. It was just a pleasure to skate, to feel the air on her face that blew away all sad memories. She closed her eyes with no fear that she fell – Luka was holding her hand tight. She felt safe.

"Have you ever tried pirouettes?" he asked suddenly.

Marinette winced unwittingly. She remembered who had showed a lot of pirouettes last time.

"Oh, right..." Luka got it too. "Do you want to charm it away?"

She laughed.

"We can't kiss all the time, Luka!"

"Why not?" he asked surprised. "I like it."

"We've come here to skate."

"And pirouettes are a part of skating. Maybe if we try to do it together, we'll change your opinion on that?"

"A joint pirouette? Isn't it difficult?"

"If we don't try, we'll never know." He laughed. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes. I do."

"So, let's try."

He stood face to face to her, hugged her tight and started skating around her. She caught his arms and started spinning. Faster and faster. She kept the eye contact with Luka not to lose the balance. Suddenly, Luka pulled her closer and they both spun even faster. She hugged him and laughed out loud. And he joined her happily.

They definitely charmed the ice rink. Together.