7

"So," I twirl my straw as I drawl on my words, "Why did you want to meet here?"

"I was hungry," Sicheng tells me sheepishly, "Besides, Taeyong was at home and it would be weird."

"You are weird," I laugh as I steal a fry from his plate.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" He asks me as he sips his drink, "Only if you don't mind."

"Fine," I agree as I nod, "In return, I get to ask too."

Sicheng strokes his chin and thinks for a while, "Do you not talk to your brothers, like at all?"

"Well," I sigh as I shrug, "Taeyong is hopeless so no, I don't like to talk to him. Mark is alright but we always miss the time to talk, our schedules just don't meet."

"That's sad. I wish I had siblings but I'm an only child. I can't relate to sibling fights and their love."

"I can gladly exchange Taeyong with you," I laugh quietly as I think of all the times when he made me feel inferior, "I think, he hates me. No, he does hate me."

"Somi," Sicheng slowly places his hand over mine, "I don't think he hates you, families may not always have a strong bond but they don't hate each other."

"Yeah, well, mine is complicated." I tell him as I close the topic and change the question abruptly, "What's your worst fear?"

"Not living up to my parents expectations," He answers in a heartbeat and I wonder how long he has been waiting for someone to ask him this, "As I said, I'm an only child and I don't want to disappoint my parents in any way."

"That means you'll never go against their wishes, even if they're wrong?" I raise my eyebrow, waiting to hear his reply.

"Only time can tell," He smiles at me, "What about you?"

"Fear?" I wonder out loud, "Being a robot and accepting whatever the society wants me to be. I don't want to be a puppet to the world, I want to make my own choices."

There are people, men, who took a few choices away from me. Those who enforced their own power on me and made me weak and vulnerable.

But one day, I'll break away from their claws. One day, I'll be free.

"That's bold but I understand where you're coming from," Sicheng nods as he pays the bill, "You're one of those who believe that they can change the world, that's noble."

I stare at him and wonder what he was holding back. Sicheng told me my point was bold, and noble but his tone was disheartened. I couldn't help but noticing it.

"You ready to go?" He asks me, and I nod.

I fix my shirt as I stand up. Sicheng waits for me before he grabs my hand and we walk towards the exit.

I smile involuntary at our hands but my smile disappears when he leaves my hand and steps away from me.

I look up and see an elegant man in his mid-thirties, smiling at Sicheng.

What does he want? Who is he?

"What a coincidence to see you here," His cheery voice echoes in my ears, "How are your parents?"

Before Sicheng answers, the man looks at me and his expression becomes unreadable.

He pastes a smile on his face, and greets me, "Oh, hello, I didn't see you."

I bow my head and shield myself behind Sicheng, "Hello, I'm Lee Somi-"

"She's Taeyong's sister," Sicheng interrupts me and I stare at the back of his head, confused.