"Wow," I exclaimed, "I didn't even feel you start."

"And I'm done," he said tying off the suture and cutting it.

"So, you'll have to get the stitches removed in about seven days. You can just make a nurse's appointment at your local doctor's office," he explained as he bandaged the wound.

"Don't get the area wet for at least twenty-four hours. I'll send you home with some gauze and ace wrap to keep it secured. I'm sure Siena can help you if you need anything," he smiled removing his gloves and dealing with the medical supplies he had just used.

"I'll be back in once your labs are back," he said before exiting the room.

I sighed and turned to Michael.

"Well, I guess I'll have a cool scar."

"Yeah," he smirked.

"I hope the labs don't take too long. I'm hungry," I laughed.

"I can go get something from the vending machine if you want?"

"No, that's okay, I want real food anyways."

He nodded and shifted his weight.

"You can sit on the bed," I said scooting over and patting the space next to me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

He sat on the edge of the bed and played with the hole in my jeans on my thigh.

"I'm sorry you had to get stitches," he said.

"It's okay. Have you ever had stitches before?"

"Oh, yeah. Loads of times. I was a rowdy kid. I liked to play rough," he chuckled in remembrance.

"Really?"

"Yeah, here," he said pointing just above his eyebrow.

I leaned in and noticed a very faint scar that went through his eyebrow.

"How'd that happen?" I asked.

"It was stupid," he sighed shaking his head, "I...I got this one," he said pointing to a scar on his finger, "playing with a pocket knife. I was trying to be cool and show off a trick but obviously wasn't very good."

"How old were you?"

"Uh...like twelve I think," he said nodding.

The curtain suddenly opened and a familiar face greeted me again.

"Bea! Long time no see. I heard you were in here and had to come to see if I could spring you out a little faster."

"Hey, Dr. Wright," I said smiling.

He grabbed my chart off the wall and flipped through it. His face was serious as he read it, but he smiled when he finished.

"Well, I'll see if I can't get that bloodwork rushed, eh?"

"Thanks, Dr. Wright. I'd appreciate it," I said gratefully.

"Anything for my favorite patient," he said smiling at Michael.

"Sorry, I don't think we've met," he said extending his hand to Michael, "I'm Dr. Wright."

"Hi," he said shaking his hand, "Michael. Nice to meet you."

"Did you want me to call your mom?" Dr. Wright asked setting my chart down.

"No, that's okay. I'll call her if it's necessary."

"Okay," he nodded, "I'll go see about those labs. It was nice to meet you, Michael."

"You too," Michael nodded.

He turned to me with a puzzled face and I groaned internally, not wanting to explain how I knew Dr. Wright so familiarly.

"Don't ask," I said lightly hoping he'd just drop it.

He nodded and returned to playing with the hole in my jeans.

"So, we can talk about the elephant in the room if want?" Michael asked not looking at me.

"What?" I asked quickly my heart racing.

How did he know?

"Look, we all know the real reason you fainted was that I was so sexy playing the guitar," he said looking at me with a smirk.

I sighed with relief and chuckled.

"Oh, right. Of course. I should probably just let the doctor know, but then they might forbid me from seeing you again," I added playing along.

"Hm, well we wouldn't want that. Would we?"

I shook my head and he leaned in to kiss me. It was a soft kiss, but even so, it sent my pulse racing. When he pulled away I didn't want it to end.

I was glad he had lightened the mood because I was getting anxious about my test results. I knew I should have called my doctor when the symptoms first started but I didn't want to have to end things with Michael. Michael pulled out his phone and sent a text before looking at me with a curious expression.

"Want to play heads up?"

"Um, yeah, okay."

He opened the app on his phone and placed it facing me on his forehead.

"Its pop stars," he said as the timer counted down to reveal the first word.

"Oh! Um, has a tattoo on his neck. Um, all the girls love him. He got famous off of youtube I think," I said trying to describe Justin Bieber without breaking any of the rules.

"What? Really? Tons of people have tattoos on their neck."

"Um, he dated Selena Gomez off and on. He filmed that music video in Iceland that went viral..."

"Oh! Justin Bieber!"

"Yes!" I nodded as he tipped the phone to start the next word.

We had played a couple of rounds before the curtain was drawn back.

"Hey," Siena said returning to the room, causing Michael to put the phone down, "I think the labs are back."