Meeting The Boys

I clipped pieces of my hair out of my face and started applying my make up. I tried to push the nervousness away for now, I couldn't explain it. I needed them to like me. Even with Liam's reassurance the insecurities never failed to torment me. I want to be able to fit in his life not make it more difficult.

When I was finally ready I met Liam out in the parking lot, he was dressed in a purple button up shirt with jeans. He smiled, "Are you excited?"

"More than I thought I would be." I answered, climbing into his car. And I was. I was very curious as to what the boys would be like. I didn't know what to expect, the out of control teenagers that the tabloids make them out to be or the angels the fans claim they are.

The drive was barely five minutes, I wondered why they didn't book the same hotel building to stay in. Liam got out and opened my door, "Thanks." I smiled. I had forgotten how sweet he was with that kind of thing.

When I looked up I saw the most beautiful hotel in the world. It was ridiculously nice. "It should be illegal to build something like this." The hotel was huge, much bigger than the ones back home.

He saw me gaping at it and laughed, "Come on." He led me into the palace like building and towards the elevator.

"Dude no." I pulled back, sounding louder than I intended. Much to my dismay people noticed and looked me up and down, exactly what I wasn't prepared for. Being judged.

"Ignore them." He muttered to me before heading for the stair case. He never failed to sense my emotions, and I never failed to sense his. I knew how he thought about things and he knew the same about me. It might be a twin thing, or it might be a Liam and Maria thing.

I have been afraid of elevators for as long as I can remember. It's usually something I don't tell people, just because I don't really know why I am.

When we were finally out I saw that we were on the top floor, looking down on all of London. It was breathtaking, literally. The thought of having a view like this every day was absolutely mental. Unimaginable even.

Liam started walked ahead of me a bit pointing to the door. I caught up to him easily and we stood at the door. "Y- you should just go in. I can meet them later." I attempted to chicken out. The nervousness came back, taking me under.

"Maria, the guys in that room are some of the best people I have ever met." He told me. "They will treat you like their family." He looked me in the eyes and smiled. I nodded stiffly, trying to collect myself.

He then opened the door, I glanced in the, gorgeous, hotel room. Liam led me in and threw his jacket on the sofa. "Lads, we're here."

"I'm going to meet her first!" Someone yelled, soon being revealed as a familiar tan boy with the most eye catching facial structure. He was grinning because he had saw me first, beating whoever that was chasing him.

"No, I want to!" Another one yelled, running to catch up. But the black haired boy was to quick, his hand already held out to me. I placed my in his and smiled at him, desperately trying to act normal. "I'm Zayn."

"Maria." I replied. He flashed a smile before releasing his grip on me.

"Fuck you," A boy with brown windswept hair grumbled, clearly the one that was chasing after him. I couldn't suppress my laughter at the situation, he noticed and looked at me funny. "She's a pretty one." He told Liam like I wasn't even there.

"Thank you." I spoke up anyway. That caught his attention again and he turned to me.

"Sorry about that babe, Zayn enjoys being a complete arse," He smiled kindly, talking loud enough for Zayn to hear.