I Promise You

"Have you got your stuff packed?" Liam asked. 

I nodded 'yes' and smiled proudly. 

"Barely," Harry scoffed from behind me, his hands making their way to my waist. As sad as it is, it was 100% true. If he hadn't forced me to get up and pack then I would be back to square one. 

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see me, and leaned into his touch. "Good morning." 

Harry kissed my temple and muttered a 'good morning' against my neck. He teasingly kissed my soft spot, Liam couldn't see it but we were already pushing his comfort zone out of proportions.

"Can you tell your pet ape to get off you so I can talk to you?" Liam teased, meaning Harry. My curly haired boy twirled me out of his arms and into Liam's.

"Ten minutes, then she is mine again." Harry chuckled, kissing me quickly before heading out of the room. I had to restrain Liam from hitting that little smile off of Harry's face.

Liam turned to me, his lips in a firm line, "Remind me again why you love-"

"I just do." I answered simply, grinning at his uncomfortable face. "And you do too. Now what's up?"

He took a shallow breath and sat down on the bed, motioning for me to as well. We slid onto the center and situated ourselves into an Indian style sitting position. Out of pure nerves he rubbed his sweaty palms against his thighs.  

My teasing smile faded when his walls broke down and he frowned. "Liam?" I urged quietly.

"Do you promise to come to me if you need anything?" He blurted out. I relaxed a slight bit and cocked my head to the side as if asking why he would even ask that question. He knew that I would.

"I don't know," He ran his hand through his hair. "I just- you're going to be living on your own, for the first time ever, and I wanted to make sure you knew that I am always just a phone call away. I left you alone in Wolverhampton but I am not going to do that again."

"I could have the opportunity to fly to the moon, and I wouldn't go without making sure that you have someone. I will always protect you. And I will always make sure that you aren't alone in anything." He said. I watched him carefully, looking for anything that would tell me he was lying. Anything at all. But I couldn't find anything.

He meant it. 

"I never asked you before, but, do you- do you forgive me?"

He did leave me alone. He didn't see through my lies when I said that I wanted him to go. He packed up and left, the most important thing in my world was gone overnight. And he barely came back two long years later.  

But I had forgiven him long ago. I forgave him before he even left.

"Yeah."

"What?"

"Yeah," I repeated, restraining myself from crying and smiling all at the same time. "Of course I forgive you."

He stared at me quietly, mutely telling me 'thank you' over and over again.

I pulled him into my arms and laughed, "You know that you're one of my favorite people in the world. Stop worrying."

"Alright, ten minutes over, she's mine!" Harry sang and pranced into the room. Before I could prepare, he threw himself over Liam and I both.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry played with his own sweatshirt strings and refused to look me in the eye. "Bye Harry," I said quietly, realizing that I wasn't going to get much out of him.