Chapter 13

I sat in the same spot for a few more minutes thinking about what I was going to do. I held the remote in my hand, and looked at it for a while. Now I was kind of thinking that I should have trusted them. When they turned away at some point, I saw some fur on all of them. I decided that I should probably go home. But what would it be like there?  Had everyone turned evil?  Probably not, or else the whole world would be taken over by now. Had the rest of my family helped my mom get rid of the evil in her?  Maybe, but it would be kind of difficult because she could overpower all of them. Or could she?  I hoped that everyone was okay. So, now I'm going back home.

••••••••••

3rd Person PoV

It was around midnight. Thunder was rumbling in the distance. The sky lit up from the powerful lightning strike that touched down near Christina. She jumped-she had to find shelter. Trees could kill her, that's out of the question. Home was really far away, but she decided that she would just teleport there. She didn't know where in the house would be safe, though. Probably her secret room. Yes, that would work. When Christina was younger, she found a secret passage hidden, yes, behind a bookshelf. She made it just in case of emergencies, or if she didn't want anyone to bother her. When she first found this secret place, she found a tresure chest, but the key was missing. There was probably a different secret room hidden somewhere in there keeping the key hidden from the world. Christina held her breath, thought of her secret room, and she disappeared from the forest.

••••••••••

1st Person PoV

When I got back home, my secret room was pitch black. I walked along the walls until I finally found the light switch. When I flipped it on, the long hallway lit my way to my room. I ran down the long corridor until I got to my emergency bed. I think that this is an emergency because no one in the house knows that I'm here. The only other person that knows about this place is Sprite, and he's well... not really a person. Now I really wish that he was here. I'm so lonely down here. Then, I heard a "click", shuffle, skid. I listened to little claws padding down the hall. Sprite came into view, and when he saw me, he screamed. "What are you doing here?!" he asked.

"Well, I came here to this room because this is the only place that I know is safe in this house. And I was coming home because I need to stop this mess. I'm not evil, in case you were wondering."

"We kinda figured that you weren't because you know, when you ran away you seemed kinda upset that we didn't trust you. So, we know you aren't evil."

"Thanks. I missed you all so much! But, I met three new people that were really nice to me, but I think that I kinda blew it by not trusting them on something."

"Oh, who were they?"

"Their names are LeRaeRay, Kake, and Andy. They said that they can help us save mom."

"I KNOW THEM!"

"Really? How?"

"Before I came here to live with your family, I lived at Wa Shure Mosh with them. When I said 'Wash your moss', it was because of an inside-ish joke I had with them. I had some great times, but then they all ran away at different times, and I got adopted, so, yeah."

"Why'd they run away?"

"I actually don't know... I've been wondering that every day since I left."

"Wow, that's not a good thing."

"Yeah, well, that's life. You gotta get over it."

Then, there was an awkward silence until we heard thudding coming from above us. It was really heavy footsteps. They sounded like someone was wearing like really heavy boots or something. Sprite and I sat still for a really long time, the boots not stopping for a while. It sounded like someone was trying to find something, but not succeeding. "Hey Sprite, where's the rest of your family?"

"Well, your mom kinda ran away to try and take over the world, and the rest went to catch her."

"Why did you stay?"

"I wanted to see if you would come back, and apparently you did."

"Okay, then who could be upstairs?"

"I don't know, do you want to go look?"

"Sure."

We went back through the hallway, trying to be as quiet as we possibly could be. We opened the bookshelf, and crept upstairs to where the sound was coming from. The door was cracked, and there was a rather large person inside, going through a room that was always locked. Everything inside was all dusty, and there were a lot of really cool things in it, like things you would probably find in your attic. There were old black-and-white pictures, my mothers wedding dress, a bunch of my baby toys, and what looked like a key. Maybe that was the key that was needed for the treasure chest! But about the man- he looked familliar. I stared at him for a while longer, and I realized that it was... Pitamae! I accidentally hiccuped, and he turned and saw me. When he did, he started moving swiftly towards the window. "Wait! No, Pitamae, I have some things to ask you!"

He stopped dead in his tracks. "How do you know it was me?" he said gruffly.

"Well, there were some pictures of you that said 'missing' at Pitamae Fun Palace, you were in one of my dreams, and you also popped up on my computer screen. So, I think that I recognize you well enough."

"Oh. Well, kid, what do you want?"

"Why did you kill my mom?"

"I didn't kill her. She jumped."

"But, why? And how is she still here today?"

"She was just being stupid. She is now a creature of the night. She can live during the day, but she is strongest in the night time. When you die, you can choose to either go to Heaven, become an animal that lives at Wa Shore Mosh, or become a creature of the night. When you become a creature of the night, you can do anything a human can do, you just give anyone that you give birth to powers that will cause them to be able to do things that all normal children cannot do. Since both of your parents are creatures of the night, you were able to get all powers. It is very rare for a creature of the night to marry another, but your parents were one of them."

"Well, then how do they die? Like my father did?"

"They break their neck. Or spine, or head. Then, they're dead. But I gotta go."

"Why were you here?"

"I was trying to find something your mother stole from me."  He held up his drivers licence.

"Oh. Okay. Bye."

He disappeared through the window.

"WAIT. But how is he still alive when he died? Did one of his children think of him?"

"Maybe," Sprite said. "Just, maybe."

I picked up the key and sprinted back to the room. The key fit in the lock. "Here we go, Sprite."

I twisted the lock, and it clicked. I took it off, and opened the lid. Inside were bones. Human bones.