Prologue

"Hey guys! how ya doin'? if you've had a good day, great! If not, don't worry, the bad doesn't last forever!"

If only he could believe his own words

"So today is Saturday - well it's not, it's a Sunday as you guys watch this but you know how my videos work by now haha. But as it's Saturday today, it was also me first day in me new job! As you guys probably already know if you've been watching me vids for a while, I used to work in a supermarket but I quit that about 4 months ago because of me mam getting a new job herself which meant we had to move to the other side of London. But I didn't just stop looking for a new job and become a lazy ass in me home and make me mam do everything whilst I gorged on Doritos all day because me mam got a new job that paid a little more than before- no, I did go out and look for a job. A lot of the places I applied for didn't want me cos I "look too young" He told them, in a mocking voice with air quotes to add to the effect. "But anyway, one place did get back to me - a small coffee shop type place. It's just on the edge of the high street so it's busy but it also stays relatively quiet at the same time if that makes sense" he chuckled

"But yeah they got back to me and said I got the job! So I now serve coffee and muffins to the ever-so-busy public who are ever-so-grateful to have their regular cup of caffeine to keep them going throughout their manic lives. yay!

But, I haven't told you the best part! there's like a small stage type thing in the cafe and sometimes they have local acts come and perform to create atmosphere and to entertain people which I've seen a few and they're reaaaaallllllyy talented let me tell you. Well I went in today to get me uniform and to learn the basics of the machines and what to add to make to specific drinks and such before I start properly on Monday, but while I was there, the manager was talking to another staff member about how he hasn't had any local acts contact him about gigs and he's stressing because Sunday is normally the day the acts perform and well the person who was showing me the ropes who also happens to be me neighbour then butted in and told him that I could play guitar so I could be the performer tomorrow! well of course Paul, the manager, then begged me to perform so I said yes. Sooooo that means that as well as serving coffee I'm their new entertainment! Great or what?!!" Niall was now beaming ear to ear.

"So that's only really been the most exciting part of my week so I won't bore you people with unnecessary pointless crap that's not exciting in the least" He told them, giving a small laugh too

He really didn't think they needed to know about the rest of his week. it wasn't.. pleasant.

"So I guess i'll leave you guys to do whatever it is you guys do and I'll see you next video I hope?!"

"This is Nialler, signing off. Bye!"

He gave the camera one last signature grin before

turning the record off.

He stared at the video for a while. The image was frozen on his smile - a smile he only really did for the camera nowadays. Of course he smiled to others in the real world sometimes as not to raise suspicions but he never truly meant it. He didn't even truly mean it in his videos but it was less forced, he guessed.

All he truly wanted in life was for someone to really understand him, to get what he was feeling and to understand why he was feeling this way. of course, his viewers, his 'fans', thought they did, but they didnt. They only understood what he told them and that was never the truth.

So here he is now, switching off his laptop, deciding he'd edit it tomorrow, and got ready for bed. Pulling his pj bottoms and his oversized Derby County hoodie on, mindful of the bruises marring his wrists. He laid there in bed, looking up at the ceiling in the pitch dark, just thinking, wishing he had someone he could truly trust and talk to but at the same time he knew that would never happen. He just chuckled to himself, telling himself he was stupid and closed his eyes and snuggled under the duvet.

Little did he know, just how wrong he was.