Dancing Flame

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name

—————————————————
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Weeks had gone by since the untimely deaths of the Peters family. To the frustration of the police, there was hardly any evidence at the scene of the crime— No strands of hair or fingerprints. It was all clean, too clean. They had no leads yet, much to everyone's dismay. It struck fear and paranoia into the whole neighborhood.

Not one door or window was left unlocked at any time of day, and even some people had left to stay with family for a while. Y/N and Mr. Normal were among the few that decided to stay put, and they took comfort in one another. Y/N often invited the man into her home, and much to his relief, he's been managing to get back into his old habits. No longer did his head resemble a bird's nest; rather, the black locks were kept tidy, and he started getting back into his regular, old routine with a few exceptions, of course. Cameron left plenty of room for Y/N.

Most nights, he'd drop by with a home-cooked dinner, which he'd share with her as they talked for hours about anything and everything. It made him happy. Mr. Wild's voice still popped in sometimes... Usually, at the worst of times, but otherwise, Cameron had control of himself. It was hard going to the funeral. Y/N had felt ill the entire time and had even vomited once or twice as bad memories of the bodies had popped up, but he was there to help her.

She wanted to go, and she could hardly bring herself to leave the gravesite, even when what little of the Peters' family and friends had left. She still couldn't believe it. How could any of this happen? The guilt seemed to worsen in Normal, and every time he saw that sad look on her face, it left a sour taste in his mouth. He was still grateful to have not been caught for Y/N's sake, otherwise he might've turned himself in, even though he'd be scared.

He is unstable. That hasn't changed even though circumstances had bettered. Really, he believes that she is the only reason he's being held together at the moment. Today is a bright and sunny day. It brought a smile to Cameron's face when he stepped out of work and got in his car.

What excited him more than the beautiful weather was that he was going to surprise Y/N with an invite to lunch. Traffic was light, and there were hardly any stops along the way to the dance studio/gym, where the flame of his heart works. This would be his first time going inside. Normal fixes his tie in the reflection of the window after stepping out of the vehicle and makes some adjustments to his hair to tuck away loose strands before going in with a cheery disposition. He enters a small lobby and walks up to the desk, where a young woman sits. She greets him with a smile and says,

"Anything I can help you with today, sir?" Cameron nods his head, face a little flushed in excitement, before saying,

"I'm looking for Y/N L/N. I believe she teaches tango here."