Chapter 1

I am so happy that I finally made it to New York. It has been my dream since I was little to visit New York with my Father. He was going to take me, but plans changed when he passed away. Ever since he died, my life has been total shit! I just don't understand. That is why I'm moving to New York: to start a new life and live the dream I have always desired to live.

I never knew how busy New York would actually be. There are so many people running around with their fancy Starbucks drinks on the phone, talking about work. I always thought that was just in the movies, but I guess I was totally wrong!

I was trying to get in touch with my best friend Rayne, who has lived in New York for quite some time now. She told me that she was going to try to help me find the perfect apartment to live in. She knows all the people and places to find one, but as for me, I have no clue.

I was struggling to find my way out of the airport when my phone started to ring. I picked it up, hoping that Rayne would be on the other end of the line.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey!" Rayne responded. "Have you picked up your bags at baggage claim?"

"Yes," I replied. "where are you at?"

"I am outside of the airport waiting for you to come out." Rayne said.

"Alright! I am on my way." I said.

"Kay! See ya!" Rayne said as she hung up.

I picked up my bags and was walking through the crowds of people. We all seemed to be confused and trying to find a way out of the damn airport. I swear, this is the most confusing airport I have ever been during my lifetime. Once I finally found the exit, you could instantly tell where she was at.

My best friend has been dating this guy for a while now named Calum Hood. Apparently he is in some huge band who keeps getting bigger called 5 Seconds of Summer. Rayne tells me all the time what is new and cool coming from the band. I almost know everything about them from Rayne, but I never really knew who they actually were.

I found Rayne popping out from on top of a stretch limo which was there to pick me up.

"There is my best friend!" Rayne shouted as she was trying to get out of the limo.

She ran out and gave me a huge hug and asked me how my flight was. I told her it was kind of bumpy, but it was all worth it to come to New York. As I was talking to Rayne, this guy came out of the car and gave Rayne a kiss on the cheek.

"Alexa," Rayne said. "this is Calum, my boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you, love." Calum said and gave me a hug.

"I have heard so much about you and your band!" I told Calum, and he put a huge grin on his face.

"That's good!" he said. "Welcome to New York City."

"Thank you!" I said as Calum was opening the door for me to enter the beautiful, white stretch limo.