Part 12, Last Threat

Archie's pov

I embraced Veronica, as she did the same. Ally then ran out of the doors, but when she saw us she stopped. A light smile crossed her face. She mouthed the words, "I'll be in there." I smile a nod slightly. She walked back in the room, her light curls following behind her. Veronica pulled away from me, still tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry Archie, I couldn't make myself realize that breaking up with you wasn't what i should've done and-" I cut her off by pulling her back to me and kissing her. "Ronnie, you have nothing to be sorry about. I'm the one to be sorry for creating this mess. I'll never accuse you of anything ever again." I say. She smiles and we kiss again. 

We walk out in the parking lot hand in hand. "Ally, i'm still completely mesmerized by your performance, you did so good." I say. She smiles. "Thanks so much Archie, you did amazing too, I'm so glad you guys are back together." she says. Ronnie and I both lock eyes and smile. "Me too." I say. "Ally would you mind starting the car for me?" Veronica asks her. "Sure." Ally says. Veronica hands her the keys and Ally makes her way to the car. Ronnie turns to face me. "Thank you so much for that song Arch, it really touched my heart." she says smiling. I put my arms around her waist. "Of course Ronnie, I wrote it specifically for you, because I love you so much." I say. We both lean in and kiss. "Bye Arch." she says walking away. "Bye Ronnie." I say back. I couldn't help but smile. She was back. We were back. 

Veronica's pov

(Driving home still)

"Ally you were phenomenal, every move you did, it sent chills down my spine!" I remark. "Thank you so much, I wouldn't have gotten to perform if it wasn't for you." she says. "I'm so glad there was an open opportunity." I say. She smiles. "I've been thinking, maybe being separated isn't benefitting us with anything." she starts. "Oh my gosh, are you saying..." I start to ask. "Yes, I'm going to move to Riverdale." she says. "Oh my gosh, really?!?! That's amazing!" I say. She laughs. "You can be at Riverdale High with me next year!" I say. "Oh yeah, I forgot that I'd be going to that school then." she says. "Will your roommate be mad?" I ask. "No, she's moving here too, to be with her mom." she says. "She'll be at Riverdale High too!" she says. "That's incredible!" I say. "Let's celebrate tonight!" I add. We high five and pull in by the Pembroke.

"So what should we do to celebrate tonight?" I ask. "I don't know... would you be interested in ice skating?" she asks. "That sounds fun, I haven't ice skated in forever, but I love it." I add. We laugh and go to change. 

Archie's pov

I thought it'd be nice to get Ally and Veronica some flowers, Ally because of her amazing performance, and Veronica because I wanted her to know how much I loved her after everything and to make this a great fresh start. I went to the florist and got white roses for Ally and red ones for Veronica. Then I left for the Pembroke. Once I got there and knocked on the door, I was greeted by Hermione. "Hello Archie!" she says warmly. "Hi Mrs. Lodge, I got some flowers for Ally and Veronica, are they here?" I say. "Oh my gosh, that is so sweet of you! They went ice skating together to celebrate because Ally's moving to Riverdale and Veronica wanted to take her out anyways because of her performance." she says. "She is?! That's awesome! I'm so glad!" I say. "Me too! If you want to wait till they get here, it shouldn't be long." she says. "That'd be great Mrs. Lodge, thank you." I say and she welcomes me in. 

Veronica's pov

Ally and I skated the night away. We laughed, we twirled each other around, it was awesome. Finally we start to pack up and go home. "That was so much fun." Ally says. "It really was such a fun night!" I add. "Thanks for taking us." she says. "Of course!." I add. We start walking to the car. My phone buzzes. "It's an unknown call..." I say. Ally looks confused and worried as do I. I pick up the call fearing who it might be. 

V: Hello?

?: Hello Veronica, it's your father.

(Ally and I both cover our mouthes)

V: What do you want?!

H: I want to let you know that you will be seeing me soon... and after that prepare for the worst to come.

V: What does that mean?

H: I'm coming for you and Ally. This is the last threat, don't bother trying to run and hide.

(Line cuts)

Ally and I look at each other horrified. "Veronica..." she starts. "We have to call mom!" I say. I dial her number and call her immediately. 

Archie's pov

"So how did your performance go Archie? It was so sweet of you, Veronica loved it!" she says. "It went great, and I'm so glad she did." I say. Mrs. Lodges phone rings. "It's Veronica." she says sounding confused. 

H: Hey, what's up? Are you girls okay?

V: Mom, dad just called me and Ally and said he was coming for us! He said it was the last threat and then the worst was to come! You need to leave the house!

(Hermione stands up immediately in concern)

H: WHAT?! Okay, don't panic you girls need to go somewhere safe, go to the old serpent school!

V: I thought you said a safe place!

H: It is! Nobody would expect you to be there. 

V: Fine.

H: I'll be there soon, I'll call the sheriff, just please PLEASE be safe! 

V: We'll try.

She hangs up the phone. I am terrified of what that was about. "Hiram is going after Ally and Veronica, next time he strikes it will be the worst of them all, we need to go now! They are gonna hide at the serpent school. My mouth drops and I sprint out the door with Hermione. We drive to the school as she calls the cops. I'm gonna kill Hiram.