OS : Secret confession

Reaching back his room out of frustration, he walks towards the window, opening it to let the cool breeze enter the room and calm him down. Standing there, resting his upper arm against the side wall of the window, his lower arms folded against his chest, Rajveer remembers a moment he shared with Naina! He remembers how he went to Naina's room to talk about his engagement with Dr. Mishra but because of the photographs his plan of talking to her about Dr. Mishra and his engagement went on a toss!

*Flashback*

Naina finds Rajveer standing at a corner, resting his elbow on the side table. She notices how he is looking at the proceedings of Christmas party but is really not enjoying it. She doesn't understand why she gets an urge to reach him. She doesn't have anything important to talk, but this feeling of him drifting away from her, is killing her slowly. She fails to understand why is she feeling so, may be it is just her illusion and he is not exactly ignoring her. But something inside her doesn't let her drift her mind from this issue. He certainly is ignoring her!

The only way to get out of this chaos is by asking him directly. With a determination to ask him; mingled with a lot of nervousness, Naina walks to Captain Rajveer.

Rajveer who had been trying to ignore her this long, could see this situation coming. His heartbeat picks up pace. He realizes that now he has no other way to ignore her.

No! it's not that he is hating the fact that she is here. In fact only he knows how he was trying to keep his emotions under control. How he uptil now refrained himself from reaching her. But deep down he was sure, even if he controls himself, she would reach him by some means. Unable to meet her eyes, while she walks towards him, Rajveer tries to look anywhere but towards her, trying to distract his mind. But how hard he tries, he fails to bring his feet to move to the opposite direction and hence ignore her altogether! But yes he certainly wanted her to stay away from him because he knows the eyes of so many, especially few pairs of devil eyes wouldn't escape from hunting them down the moment they get together and this is exactly what he doesn't want. He wants to keep her safe, away from their eyes and he wants the same for himself.

She ends up reaching him anyhow. Taking a deep breath, he greets her, smiling,

"Cadet Naina Singh, how are you?"

His eyes on their own accord lower, as he utters the words. Of course it is not that it irks Rajveer to look towards Naina. Not at all! Well if asked, he can look at her the whole day long. Then it would rather turn out to be Naina who would lower her eyes every now and then, feeling extremely shy and uncomfortable under his constant gaze.

But at this particular moment, and the tension that's prevailing in KMA because of them, he doesn't want to encourage it by any means. He rather would go to whatever extent needed to calm the on going gossips down, only if everything would have been in his hands!

But how hard might he try, he cannot refrain from accepting the fact that as much as she is enjoying his presence, he is enjoying her presence around him too. He cannot deny that had she chosen to ignore him, it would have hurt him!

"Good evening Sir, I am fine!",

greets Naina, standing next to him, completely oblivious to what her standing near him is doing to his insides!

Rajveer chooses to look straight ahead, a measure to keep an eye on everyone who might be noticing them together. And at the same time it secretly serves his another purpose, he knows that these days, it's getting difficult for him to look towards her and keep his ill mannered thoughts at bay. They rather cloud his mind the moment he rests his eyes on her. Only god knows how he is going to spend the rest of his days in KMA, this way!