06 | all for donuts

"Hyunjin, ow??"

"Hyunjin, ow??"

Hyunjin grins sheepishly at his friend, who in cartoons would look red-faced with puffs of smoke coming out of his ears.

"Wasn't me," the blond-haired boy shrugs, flashing Seungmin a lopsided grin. Seungmin rolls his eyes and steps out of the Slytherin dorms and into the damp, dark hallway. It's another 'get-to-the-astronomy-tower-without-getting-caught-by-Filch' mission and Hyunjin's cravings for the kitchen donuts are getting bigger.

Every time Hyunjin walks along the dungeon hallway, the paranoia of the ceiling breaking and the water from the Black Lake gushing in through the roof overcomes and scares him to death. And so, with one arm wrapped around himself and the other extended to grip Seungmin's hands they walk slowly along the corridor.

It's nearing midnight and Hyunjin is getting sleepy, but Seungmin said that the stars are much brighter at midnight and Hyunjin can't say no when the boy offers to buy him something the next time they go to Hogsmeade.

"Seungmin, hurry up," Hyunjin whines, eyes low-lidded now and stumbling half asleep.

"You know very well that we can't!" Seungmin whisper-yells, prying Hyunjin—who had his arms around his waist and was leaning on the boy with his eyes closed—off of him, "prefects have sharp ears, no more complaints."

"I only came for donuts," Hyunjin states.

"Okay, I get that you only came for donuts," Seungmin repeats, "but will you shut up if we go get them now, then?"

The older boy nods with a small pout and follows Seungmin in suit, eyes wandering along the dimly lit walls. Hogwarts at night looks creepy, there's a lot of empty halls and a lot of the rustling of the Whomping Willow. The castle is always lit by either candles or fire torches and they flicker because of the wind, causing the night to look more haunting than it should be. Hyunjin is scared of the dark, just don't tell anyone that.

After a few close calls, whining, hiding in broom closets and scoldings, they finally arrive at the kitchen stairs leading downwards, where the familiar-looking painting of a bowl of fruit will be. Seungmin gives Hyunjin one last pinch on the arm to keep him at least conscious at the moment (he knows the moment when the kitchen door opens, Hyunjin's eyes will spring open immediately).

"Seungmin, let's go back," Hyunjin groans, leaning on the wall and sliding down it, almost tripping down the staircase if Seungmin didn't pull on his robes to prevent him from rolling to his injuries.

The younger Slytherin scoffs, "come on, we made it this far, lazy ass bones!"

"But we still need to go down!"

"That's gonna waste a lot more of my energy, ugh," Hyunjin sighs, bumping his head against the wall, causing the other portraits to stir from their sleep and glare at the two boys with annoyance.