Red Lacy Underwear

It seemed like so long ago. I was almost able to forget it even happened. I had just started working at the firm through an internship that had the possibility of turning into a full-time position. At the end of the internship I had stayed late at the office to finish putting together all the paperwork for a trial in the morning. I didn't realize anyone else was still there until Mr. Savage walked up to my cubicle and invited me into his office for celebratory drinks.

"Celebrating what?" I had asked.

"Tomorrow. We're going to win. I can feel it." Mr. Savage held his glass a little higher.

I figured one drink wouldn't hurt and he may end up being my permanent boss so I didn't want to offend him. We laughed and talked about the last few months. He asked me if I liked it at the firm and what I thought of the other lawyers. He asked me if I was nervous for the job review that would determine if I stayed or not and I told him I was only a little nervous. That's when it happened. He gently put his left hand on my knee and told me not to be worried about anything.

Savage wasn't a bad looking guy. In fact he was fairly attractive and still young for a lawyer. He was always clean shaven, and he had a tall lean build. He was charming when he wanted to be but has always been quick to have a temper if you questioned his authority.

He slowly leaned in and his hand slid up my thigh an inch or two. I could smell the liquor on his breath and a slight hint of cologne. My mind was a little hazy from the liquor but I knew exactly what I was doing. If I let things continue there was no going back. I would either have to decline the full-time position or pray that Mr. Savage never tells a soul what happened.

"Mr. Savage..." I trail off in a whisper, having every intention of pulling away.

"Please, call me Jim," he whispers back as his lips trail my check, away from my ear towards my lips.

He gently took the glass out of my hand and set it down on the table, then slid his right hand behind my neck while his left hand migrated from my thigh to my waist. All intentions of pulling away left my mind and I parted my lips slightly to make room for his. There was electricity when his lips finally met mine and it quickly turned to fire as he pushed into me. My hands found their way up to his soft hair. He pushed my skirt up and pulled me onto his lap. I pulled away from his kiss and looked into his hungry green eyes while I took a breath and then he pulled me back in. What was I doing? This had escalated so quickly in just a matter of seconds. I should stop but I also wanted it so bad. The smell of his cologne, the feeling of his hands all over me, the taste of his tongue, I wanted it all.

He grabbed onto my thighs and stood up. I was surprised by his strength and how he lifted me with ease. He took a few steps forward and dropped me onto his desk then took a half step back. He started loosening his tie and unbuttoning his shirt and before I knew what I was doing I started undoing his pants. He pushed my skirt up the rest of the way and looked into my eyes as he entered me. I gasped and then bit my lip. I knew no one was in the office but I still felt like I should still try to be quiet. He grabbed the nape of my neck and I quietly moaned into his ear.

I thought that would be the only time but after the intern reviews I was offered a full time position and it seemed like any time we were alone at the firm he jumped at the chance. He'd call me into his office for drinks and it would escalate from there. I knew I should stop but with all the long hours at the firm it was hard to have a dating life so the affection I received from Jim was addicting.

One evening we were doing the deed and Jim had pulled my red lacy underwear all the way off, something he didn't usually do, and proceeded to drop them into his desk drawer.

"A little keepsake for me."

I gave him a look but didn't say anything about it. I slid off his desk and shimmied my skirt back down. As I walked out of his office he slapped my butt. I felt weird walking to my car that night with no underwear on. Actually the whole thing felt weird, especially him keeping my underwear for a keepsake. Why had I continued sleeping with him? This whole thing was risky. What if someone came back to the office and saw us? That night I made the decision I was going to end it.

The next morning I had gone into his office and shut the door. I explained to him I didn't want to continue our affair for the sake of my reputation and his reputation. He seemed understanding until he said:

"I won't tell anyone for as long as you work for me."

I stared back at him questioningly. "So if I ever leave what will you do?"

"I'll make sure you never get a job at another firm. No one wants to employ a whore."

My heart sank at his words. After we stopped sleeping together I decided to stop calling him Jim and only call him Mr. Savage. I didn't want anyone getting the idea that anything was going on between us or that we were getting chummy. I had just gotten my foot in the door as a paralegal and I didn't want to ruin it so soon.

I tap my pen on my desk while I mull over the events from five years ago. I needed to do something about Levi. Either convince Mr. Savage to make a deal or let the truth come out. Could it really be that bad if everyone knew that I slept with my boss? It happened a long time ago and it's not like I was still doing it. The problem is it happened right before my intern review and there will be speculation I slept with my boss to get my job. Is that what happened? If I hadn't slept with Savage would he have dangled my job in front of me to get sex? What would Kyle think about all of this?

"Good morning, gorgeous."

Speak of the devil.

Kyle was holding two coffee cups and handed one to me. "White chocolate mocha with cinnamon syrup."

"How did you know I like that?" I ask, puzzled.

"I may have snooped at your cup last time we had a meeting," Kyle smiles proudly. "Do you have any lunch plans today?"

"I normally go to that little deli down the street but I don't have to."

"Mind if I join you?"

"I would love that." I smile genuinely.

"I will meet you in the lobby at about eleven then." Kyle looks at his watch then walks towards his office.

I return to tapping my pen and deep thinking. I only had eight hours left before Levi's deadline. I need to come up with a plan quickly no matter which route I choose

*****************

What will Ivy do about Levi?

Do you think she'll let Levi expose her or will she try to convince Mr. Savage to drop the case?

-BlushingBelle