Chapter Twenty Five

"Tell me what happened," Khushi said.

Lavanya just looked at her.

"Tell me Lavanya!"

Lavanya gulped, took a sip of water and then sighed. "No one else knew about Arnav coming to this place besides Aman and I. Unfortunately, someone found out."

"You mentioned that, but who?"

Lavanya looked at her. "Anisha."

"Anisha?!" I knew she was involved with this, she exclaimed in her head.

Lavanya nodded. "She somehow found out, managed to get in and she saw Arnav was here."

"So what happened?"

"The night Anisha came, there was another event going on like today. Arnav had one drink too many and...."

"And?"

"I was already here, waiting for Aman to arrive. I was just glancing around when I saw Arnav wasn't where I last saw him, which was at the bar."

"Where'd he go?"

"I didn't know at the time. I looked around the floor for him but I couldn't find him. And that's when I realized that I couldn't see Anisha anywhere either."

"Then?"

"I didn't focus on her and I asked around if anyone had seen Arnav. The bartender told me he thought he heard Arnav mentioning that he was headed upstairs to his apartment, so I went upstairs to the guard. He told me he did come up, was slightly drunk, and that...."

"That...?"

"...he had a girl with him."

Khushi's eyes slightly widened. "Then?"

"I rushed upstairs and when I got up to his floor, I saw Anisha coming out of his apartment, fixing her dress strap cause it was hanging off her shoulder, her dress wrinkled..."

Khushi's eyes were fully wide.

"...and Arnav was totally bare chested and the button of his dress pants were undone," Lavanya whispered.

Khushi couldn't believe what she was hearing. "What," she asked in disbelief.

Lavanya looked down and shook her head. "She walked out and as she passed me, she smirked at me and winked, and I had looked back at Arnav, completely disgusted. How could he....?" She looked away.

"So they... they did it," Khushi asked in a small voice.

Lavanya looked at her best friend to see her eyes pooling with tears. "Khushi-"

Khushi stood up and walked away, heading towards the bathroom, following the signs on the wall. Lavanya called out to her and followed her in, seeing her in full-out tears when she reached her. Khushi had her hands on the marble counter as the tears fell. She couldn't believe what she had just heard.