Chapter Five

In came the baaraat, dhols being beaten away. Everyone was hype and all the little cousins went running to the gate, bribing Akash, in order for him to get in and see his bride. In the end he did give money and everyone couldn't help but be curious who taught the little kids to do this. Especially one guy, and he came forward and asked the little kids.

"Khushi Didi did," they replied and ran off with the money to give Khushi the money and split it.

They came in and settled down and Khushi came down with Lavanya and introduced her to her other cousins. While talking, one of Khushi's cousins noticed a group of boys coming in.

"Khushi look," she said. "I think that's his cousins."

"I could care less."

"Khushi, they look cute though," Lavanya said.

"Eh! So what?"

The boys came in, four of them to be exact, them in their sherwanis. Khushi's cousins and Lavanya were oggling the guys. The guys were just looking around, when a fifth guy camewalking in, the same guy who asked the kids at the gate, walking in through the middle of the group (Swag!).

"Oh my gosh," Lavanya gushed, "he's hot!"

The guy looked around and saw the girls and nudged his friends. They looked at the girls and the girls looked away and giggled, Khushi rolling her eyes at all this, her back already facing the guys. Lavanya snuck a glance up at them and noticed the middle guy looking at Khushi, the one that had nudged his friends.

"Psst! Khushi," Lavanya whispered.

"What?"

"One of them is looking at you."

"What?"

"Yeah. The hot one."

"The "hot one"? Really?"

Lavanya just nodded, ignoring Khushi's sarcasm.

Khushi rolled her eyes and turned on her heels, her hair flying as she turned. She looked at the guy and he didn't remove his gaze from her. Khushi looked the guy up and down and he looked her up and down as well. Khushi being Kinjal's daughter, Kinjal had always raised Khushi to be strong and not to get all mushy-gushy if a guy were to look at her, like in these situations.

The guy whispered something to his friends, not removing his gaze off Khushi. Khushi just rolled her eyes and turned away, turning back to the other girls.

"Khushi!"

Khushi turned and looked at Kinjal. "Yeah Ammi?"

"The dance-off'?"

"Oh yeah!" She face the others. "Let's go," she said bubbily, and they followed her.

The guys saw them leaving and then followed them to the main hall. All the guests were there and the girls stood on one side, while the boys stood on the other. The guy was still eyeing Khushi, but she ignored it.

"Okay, okay," Khushi's Nani exclaimed. "Everyone settle down."

Everyone started to hush down and listened to her.

"Before we start the rescissions, let's see which family is better at dancing, huh?"

People hollered and got excited.

"Okay! I need people from the ladke wale."

The guy looked at his friends and then they all stepped forward, all five of them.

"And some from our side."

"Khushi, let's go," her cousin whispered.

Khushi nodded and they stepped forward, Khushi taking Lavanya along.