Chapter Four

The week passed by, Khushi going to all of her classes. They were good and most of her professors were nice. Some passed her "good list" and so far, the college life was great - at least, as of now.

It was Saturday morning and Khushi got up and dragged Lavanya out of bed. She quickly got ready and Lavanya moved slowly, but managed to get ready. Khushi dragged her out and took her to her home.

"Hey Amma," Khushi said as Kinjal opened the door.

"Hi baby," and the two hugged

Khushi hugged her mother from the side and looked at Lavanya. "La, you've met my mom."

"Yeah, hi aun- Kinjal."

"Ah! You remembered," Kinjal exclaimed. "Come in, come in, come in! You girls must be starving, especially since Khushi rushed you."

"How'd you know," Lavanya asked as Kinjal shut the door.

"Since she's my daughter, I know her very well. Plus she does the same thing to me too," Kinjal chuckled.

Lavanya chuckled as well and Khushi rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. As they entered, they saw Karan sitting at the table already.

"Hi Papa," Khushi said lightly.

"Morning Khushi," he smiled back, faintly.

Kinjal and Lavanya came in.

"Um, Papa, this is Lavanya. My dorm mate and friend. She's from New York"

"Hi uncle," Lavanya said.

"Hello child."

They sat down and began to have breakfast. Khushi had told Lavanya about her parents and Lavanya understood. She couldn't blame Kinjal for feeling the way she did, nor could she blame Karan for not being able to get over the death of his love. But of the things Kinjal had faced in life, it had made Lavanya cry as Khushi told the story, her too with a few tears as she told the story.

Karan got up after he finished and left for work. The women got more comfortable and then once breakfast was over, the girls needed to decide what they were going to wear, so they went up to Khushi's room, Kinjal helping them choose.

"I don't know what to wear," Khushi cried out.

"Betiyan, relax," Kinjal said. "Didn't we just buy a whole bunch of stuff just two weeks back?"

"Yeah, but still!"

"Geez," Lavanya said. "This how I act back at home."

Khushi sighed. "What did you wear to brown parties?"

"Traditional clothes that my mom chose but were ugly."

Khushi just rolled her eyes and dropped the anarkali's she had in her hand and went to her wardrobe and took out a bag, filled with brand new churidars that she hadn't even took out of its packaging.

"Here's some nice ones," Kinjal said as she went through it. "Uh... what about this green one?"

"Um... no."

Lavanda went through them as well. "I don't really know much about these things but... how about this purple one?"

"Uh... nah!"

"Oof ho Khushi," Kinjal exclaimed. "Make up your mind!"

"Amma!"

"Don't Amma me, other wise we'll be here all day and we'll miss the wedding."

Khushi pouted and went through all the churidars, until her eyes fell upon a beautiful yellow churidar. "This one," she exclaimed as she picked it up.

"It's beautiful," Lavanya said.

Khushi smiled. "See. Traditional clothes aren't that bad. You just gotta have a good eye."

"Gee, tell my mom that," and she chuckled.

"What are you going to wear dear," Kinjal asked.

"Um... I don't know."

"I think I know the perfect one for you."

Khushi went through her clothes and found a beautiful dark blue churidar for Lavanya. "I've only worn it once, that too for an hour, so it's close to new."

"No problem," Lavany smiled.

"Now that you two have your clothes, we need to quickly leave for Garima's, hmm?"

"Okay Amma. I'll put these in a bag and we'll wait in the car for you."

Kinjal nodded and left to her room. Khushi and Lavanya headed down to the car and waited. Eventually, Kinjal arrived and they left off to Payal's house.

Over there, there were people all over the place. They were still decorating and Payal was in her room, preparing for the day.

"Payal," Khushi shrieked as she ran in.

The two hugged and Khushi introduced Payal to Lavanya. Payal would be soon heading to the parlor to get her make up done so she got ready and headed out. Khushi and Kinjal checked out some stuff and made sure everything was perfect, helping Garima out.

"Kinjal, I have no idea if everything will go well," Garima said.

"Relax Garima, everything will be fine."

"I hope so."

Kinjal hugged her baby sis and they continued to work throughout the day. Payal came back two hours before the wedding and while she was catching her breath, everyone else was getting ready.

"My gosh, I do look good in this," Lavanya said as she twirled in front of the mirror.

"Told you, you would," Khushi said as she put on her earrings.

Everyone made sure of their final touches and as Khushi tried to keep Payal calm, they heard the dhols and people shrieked "Ladke wale aye hain!"

"Ready," Khushi asked.

"For what," Lavnya asked.

"For the game?"

"What game?"

"You'll see.