Chapter Seventeen

The two hadn't done so great in their midterms, so Khushi would drag Arnav and Lavanya to the library with her. After numerous study dates, not to mention fooling around, it paid off and all three passed.

Summer had arrived and it was the last day. Lavanya and Khushi cleared out their dorm since Lavanya would be heading to Rajasthan to stay with her parents. She had to leave early, so Khushi and La had bid their farewells early in the morning, La already bidding her farewell to Arnav the day before.

Khushi was out on the campus, preparing to leave, when Arnav came by.

"Hey," Arnav said, his thumbs hanging from the loopholes of his jeans.

Khushi turned, surprised. "Oh, hey! What's up?"

He tilted his head. "Not much. You done packing?"

"Um, yeah. Most of my stuff is back home. Just a few stuff here and there and I'm done."

Arnav nodded. "Um, can I help?"

Khushi smiled. Thanks Arnav, but it's okay-"

"No, no! Its no problem."

"Well...-"

"Come on! I'll help you," and he entered the room.

"Well, if you insist."

Arnav smiled and helped Khushi pick up the last of the clothes left. Khushi was putting away some t-shirts, when Arnav chuckled.

"What's wrong," Khushi asked, not looking.

"Hmm, polka dots."

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows. "What?"

"Polka dots with lace... sexy."

Khushi's head whipped around and she gasped. In Arnav's hands were her polka dotted, lacy bra, with matching panties. She quickly grabbed it and shoved it into her bag, looking side to side, embarrassed, while Arnav chuckled.

"Not funny," Khushi blushed.

"I'm sorry yaar! Really," but he still chuckled.

Khushi's face flushed and Arnav made her face him.

"It's okay Kush. Chill."

Khushi still felt embarrassed.

"So what are your plan," Arnav asked, changing the topic.

"I'll be at my place, spending time with the folks."

"Hmm, same here. My mom will be ecstatic when I get back."

Khushi smiled. "Same here... even though I see my mom like every weekend."

Arnav chuckled lightly, nodding. "Wait Khushi, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Well, you've always invited Lavanya to your place, even having her stay over."

"Uh huh...?"

"Well, how come you've never taken me there?"

Khushi blinked at him. "Uh... well, I don't know. I guess... well, I don't know how my parents would take that. They're chill, yeah, but it's not so much of a good idea."

"But your parents are chill?"

"It's not my parents that I'm worried about. It's my Nana that I'm worried about."

"You're Nana?"

"Yeah. With him..." she groaned.

"You wanna tell me," Arnav tried, trying to ease it for her.