2. Ice Cream

Song: Perfect Strangers by Jonas Blue and JP Cooper

Edited. Sort of. Not really.

2. Ice Cream

"Slow down or you're going to slip!" I shouted as the door to the ice cream parlor slammed shut behind me

After receiving the strange Snapchat from Logan, I'd been thinking about it non stop. I was counting down the hours until  would be sitting in Joe's old cafe, awaiting a hot but incredibly vain jerk to tell me what he wanted.

Currently, it was 1 hour and 23 minutes.

1 hour, 23 minutes until I had to speak to the devils spawn.

"Mi mi, I want to hold your hand." Alfie said from besides me and I glanced between the bags I was carrying, the ice creams I held in each hand and Alfie.

It's times like this I wish I was an octopus.

"Why don't, you hold hands with Emma?" I whispered and he grinned sheepishly, nodding his head.

The second he asked her a blush spread across her tanned complexion and she agreed, the two skipping besides me as we walked along the street.

Cade and Cody were arguing about who could run faster whilst eating there ice creams, Zoe was picking flowers from someone's flower bed and munching on a cookie and Elijah was no where to be seen.

I'd like to think I've done pretty well today. Earned about £60, caused a relationship to blossom between two children and lost Elijah.

Wait, what?

"Where's Elijah?" I asked, spinning around and scanning the area to see if I could spot his brown mop and bright orange top.

"I dunnoo." Zoe sang as she came over and threw a twig at me.

"Wait here and don't move. Keep an eye on them." I said as I picked the twig up off of my shirt, not even bothering to dump the bags on the floor as I ran back down the road towards the ice cream parlor.

Worst baby sitter in the U.K. goes to...

Amelia Jenson!

"Elijah!" I called, my hair blocking my vision. The bags I was carrying smacked into my legs as I ran and passers by gave me strange looks.

"Shit." I mumbled as I stumbled back out of the ice cream parlor after checking and checking again only to find he wasn't in there.

"Good lord, I'm going to die." I groaned to myself as I glanced down the road again to make sure all the other kids were still there.

Elijah was the naughtiest kid out of those I had to baby sit, and unsurprisingly his mum was the strictest. Boy, was she gonna kill me when she found out I lost her son.