Chapter 8

- Violet -

.

.

.

With that, time had passed by before the big anticipated night the three of us had been waiting for. If this were to be an auction they were attending, who knows what they've got up to bid to people who will be there. The thing is, we've got nothing, absolute jack-squat. So how the hell were we going to get a word in at this auction?

I stood in the mirror as I had draped the diamond necklace over my neck line. How I afforded this? Well, thousands of dollars can definitely be easy to get ahold of, the way Harry can easily hack into credit card systems. The process had been so swift, and to my surprise, I don't even know how he does it.. But he did, and we got away with getting a thousand dollar Vera Wang dress, and a Dolce & Gabbana silk suit.

"This isn't the life I was expecting to live." Harry joked lightly as he stood in the mirror adjusting his tie and shifting in an uncomfortable manner.

"Well, we both don't look half as bad." I half-smirked, Harry sighing.

As we both got ready to leave, we headed outside to where the impala was parked. To my surprise, Harry rushed to my side and opened the door for me.

"After you, m'lady."

I scoffed at him, sending him a glance before I got in. Harry swiftly got into the driver's seat, locking eyes with me.

"What?" He shrugged. "It's one night we get to act this classy, can't you just let me have that James Bond moment?"

"Given. And never valid to happen ever again." I asserted, Harry smirking.

"That's the Violet I've gotten to get to know." He nudged me playfully.

"You seem less on edge than I thought you would be at the very moment." I said, not really afraid to let that thought out into the open.

"What's the worse that could happen? They've got a strict no slashing, shooting, and blood-shed policy."

"We're hunters, Harry. Does it not feel like we're walking right in the middle of the death star, here?"

Harry smirked at my subtle Star Wars reference, sighing. "Well I don't know what to tell you. Maybe I'm not as worried just because I know we've got each other's backs walking in there."

"If anything does go south, then yes. I do have your back, under any circumstance." I had reassured him, looking over at him.

Harry stared at me for what felt like the longest moment, his plump lips parted as his full eyelashes battered slowly. I was too caught up into the moment to move or look away, not knowing why he had looked at me like that. I began to feel more conscious by the second, so I interjected.

"What?" I rudely remarked, probably killing the moment all in all.

Either way, I hadn't cared. What could I possibly say, I was a realist in the flesh.

"Nothing. You just look a lot like your father, is all. Like.. This scary resemblance." He chuckled, shaking his head.

I tucked a strand of my wavy hair behind my ear, looking down as I pulled a small smile. "Definitely not the first time I've heard that one before."

"It's a good thing." Harry said under his breath, the roar of the engine coming to life interrupting the both of us as I slightly jumped. I was still getting used to the idea of this car and how smooth and brought to life it was.