Chapter 5

.

- VIOLET -

.

.

"So there was this one time." Harry continued to tell me a story about some case he was working in New York as we sat in the impala.

"Fairies.'' He laughed, glancing over at me. "It was fairies messing with people just for the fun of it, kind of like tricksters. But these fairies? They weren't the nice, sparkly kind. They were angry little freaking midgets."

I stifle a laugh, making it sounded like a cough as he smiled.

"So.. Elves with wings then?"

Harry nodded, still laughing at the memory. "I guess you could say that."

"Did you hunt them with him?"

"Who?"

"My dad."

"Yeah." His eyes softened at the mention as I decided to keep my mouth shut.

Talking about my dad probably didn't help for either of us.

Harry insisted I came everywhere he went to keep me safe while demons are scraping the core of earth just to find me. Then kill me.

And then of course once I'm dead, Harry would be next on their list.

Messing with hell had some cons, I guess.

I stare at the long road, the clouds surrounding the sky making it seem gloomy and just out of it.

The comforting yet discomforting silence ceased, my glance falling on the dashboard. A small pocket phone was ringing lively as Harry picked it up, not bothering to pull over.

"Yeah." He said, one hand on the wheel.

"Niall, wait slow down. Where are you?"

I listened in, a frown settled on my face.

"Alright. Well don't stand in the rain then, get somewhere dry." Harry pulled a weird face, making me smile.

Niall's an angel, I figured he was slightly lost on how to live as a human.

I feel a slight rush of wind from the backseat of the car making me gasp as Harry cursed.

A soaked Niall appeared suddenly at the back of the car, as he jumped the car slightly swerved to the side making me shout oh shit!

"Niall you can't keep doing that!" Harry yelled, looking at him like he was insane.

"What? Doing what?" Niall asked cluelessly, his eyebrows furrowed. "You told me to get somewhere dry."

"Dry, anywhere else you didn't have to get to the car. Jesus Christ." He breathed out.

"Hi Violet." Niall naturally glanced over at me with a small smile.

He seemed used to Harry's constant agitation with him though. I understand his pain, constantly expecting and unexpecting Niall to appear from who knows where.

"Hey Niall.'' I chuckled.

"Wait. Aren't you supposed to smile back?" He asked.

"What?"

"Harry told me that if I smile at a human they should return it."

"Depending on the circumstances, mate." His emerald eyes flickered up, looking at Niall through the rear view mirror.

My smile widened as I beamed, sort of amazed by the angel. I thought angels would actually know everything about human existence, turns out they were innocent. Well, that was Niall as my first impression.