Chapter 2

.

Harry stood his ground, his arms crossed as he rose his eyebrows at me expectantly.

"I don't have all day, Violet Winchester." He hummed, tapping his boot.

"How do I know you aren't working for the king of hell? How do I know you aren't up for a freaking deal with a crossroads demon and how do I know you're really who you say you are?" I backed away from him as he rolled his eyes.

He digs through his coat pocket, pulling out a brown leather journal and tossing it over to me.

As I caught it, I eyed him suspiciously (I just had no idea what for yet) as he just shrugged.

"See this is the problem with hunters, they don't trust anyone.''

"You're a hunter too." I frowned, opening the journal as I flipped through the inked pages.

I almost immediately notice who's handwriting it is as I pursed my lips.

It was my dad's journal. It contained all things about the monsters in this world, as well as what'll gank the hell out of it.

"He told me he never showed this to anyone." I murmured, as Harry walked over to my side.

"Well he showed it to me and let me keep it because I'm his partner alright?" He seemed tired of going over all the basics.

Then what was he here for?

"Why did dad never tell me about you?"

"Because babe, your old man's got secrets too. And maybe he hasn't told you everything." Harry spoke so calmly. "Now where is he?"

I stayed silent. Since he hasn't heard from him in days, then maybe he didn't know about the death.

"He's dead." It felt weird to say it like that.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, the smug expression leaving his face as his eyes softened.

"Son of a bitch.'' Harry cursed, closing his eyes. "Dammit!" He yelled, making me flinch as he punched the wall.

"He got possessed. And he made me swear that I'd kill him. Along with the demon inside of him." My voice shook, going over it again as I looked away.

"What did the demon want?" Harry lowly spoke, his eyes falling on me as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"His soul. It wanted his soul." I shakily said, my breathing ragged.

His breathing was uneven as well, this angry and devastated expression on his face.

The look on his face somehow told me he was trying to connect all the puzzle pieces together. Pieces I had no idea even were a part of this puzzle.

It was as if he knew something. Something I hadn't, and I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"If there's something I don't know.. You tell me. And--"

"You're coming with me.'' He simply said. "It's not safe here, it's not safe anywhere."

"What? I'm not coming with you. I don't even fucking know you! You knew my dad I know, but that doesn't suddenly make me your bitch." I glared at him, as he walked up to me, pushing me against the wall.

I winced at the impact as my back hit the wall.

"Do you want to die Violet?" He asked slowly, his green eyes piercing into mine as his face was just inches away.

Yeah, somehow I wish this was all over. Then again, I was desperate for revenge.

I shook my head as he withdrew, stepping back.