It took her six long months of the same routine - pretending in front of people and falling apart when she was by herself - to realize how pathetic she was being. She woke up one day, deciding that if she ever truly wanted to become herself again it would mean that she had to be enough for herself.

She had to stop relying on people online to give her validation and she definitely had to stop waiting around for Sean to realize everything he lost.

He was never in love with her and she had to accept that.

So she significantly decreased the amount of stuff she posted online and she started to focus on herself. And just as she began to feel as though she was turning into herself again - he just had to show up.

When she saw him on the first day of the convention, she felt her heart ache in her chest, making her realize that no matter how much time she spent away from him - he still made her heart stop - though she would never admit it.

"Great..." Sean's voice faded away looking towards the ground. "Are you guys ready to go? I'm really not in the mood to hang out."

A hard smack on the side of his head made him stumble to the side slightly before his eyes focused on the subjects in front of him.

"What the hell?" He snapped.

"Snap. Out. Of. It." Tahani said making sure to pause in between her words in order to exaggerate them. "She rejects you one time and you are going to give up? Great idea, Sean. That will definitely show her how much you care." She finishes sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, not very Sean of you to just give up that easy," Josh interjected.

With every word they spoke, Sean could feel his irritation growing. He narrowed his eyes at the group.

"You guys didn't see the way she looked at me, okay?" He snapped. "She doesn't want to see me, She doesn't want to talk to me." He paused, running his hands through his jet black hair. "I don't know how to fix things with her. Or if it even is possible to fix things."

The dejected look on all his friend's faces made him feel even worse, they were not giving him the pep talk he so desperately needed.

"Look, there is a party tonight for all the adults, as a way to end the convention with a bang, she will be there, so go get your girl," Julian suggested, patting him on the shoulder, trying to give him so comfort.

Bailey was next to speak, "If it makes you feel better, you two are made for each other, it will always be Sean and Kaycee, no matter how much she tries to pretend. You just have to show her you aren't going to leave this time."

Sean nodded at her words, his heart filling with love for the people that stood in front of him. He knew that no matter how much fame he got - they would always tell him the truth even if he didn't want to hear it.

*****

Kaycee walked into the party, eyes trying to adjust to the dark room that was only lit with colorful lights that beamed down from the ceiling. The music boomed as she made her way to the open bar, ordering herself a shot - downing it swiftly - then ordering another.

She felt a chin land on her shoulder and smiled as she heard the deep voice.

"You wanna dance?"