No One Compares

"C'mon babe," Sean said, dragging the words out.

He followed slowly after the shorter girl as she stormed into his house, going straight towards the garage.

He stood outside the garage door that she slammed taking a breath, preparing himself for the fight that was sure to ensue, his mind drifting back to half an hour ago when he first noticed how her mood suddenly changed.

*****

He felt the hot sweat drip down his back as he finished the last dance of the night, smiling at Tim as he cheered.

"I swear you are not human, Lew" He praised the younger boy.

Sean bowed sarcastically, turning his back to Tim and making his way towards his girl that was sitting in the corner of the room, legs spread apart in stretching stance, her elbows resting on the hardwood floor, phone held loosely in her small hands.

Her face focused too intently on the screen in front of her to notice his presence as he walked up behind her, pulling her wet curls away from the sweat that misted her neck.

When she didn't make any attempt to respond to his light touches he threw himself on the ground in front of her - aligning his feet with hers - moving his head back and forth, a smile upon his lips as he tried to get her attention.

Sean and Kaycee had attended one too many dance classes that night, trying to make up for lost time since he was away in New York attending and teaching classes for the past week.  By the looks of it they both showed their hard work; their cheeks flushed with red and sweat dripped down their bodies, wetting their hair and clothes.

He took her silence as a joke and pulled the phone from her hands, trying to mess around with her but when she looked at him, no sign of laughter on her face  - he knew he messed up.

"What's wrong?" He spoke, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

He had no idea why she would be upset. He just got back from his trip earlier that day, making sure his first stop was at Kaycee's house, where they spent the afternoon drowning each other in a sickling amount of kisses and cuddles.

When the day passed, going too quickly than the couple would have liked, they made their way towards their first class of the night, multiple changes of clothes thrown in the backseat for each class they planned on attending.

The day was close to perfect and Sean remained clueless as to how somehow the girl that was just laughing with him as they freestyled to the music had managed to become upset with him in a matter of minutes.

He looked at her expectantly as she motioned towards the phone that was now in his grasp. He averted his eyes from her towards the screen. And if he wasn't confused before he sure as hell was now.

"I really don't understand, Kayc, why are you upset about my dance? I thought it was good." his words dripping with cluelessness, irritating Kaycee even more.

He watched as she pushed herself off the ground, spinning around to grab the backpack that laid on the ground behind her.

"Of course you don't. You never do." The words dripped off her tongue in annoyance as she grabbed the keys out of his bag, threw it back onto the ground, and trudged out of the studio, pushing the glass doors with more force than she needed to.

The surprise in Sean's eyes was very evident as he looked around at the remaining people in the room, making eye contact with Tim who very obviously saw the scene that just happened. Tim looked at him sympathetically before shrugging his shoulders and continuing to pack up the equipment he used to film class.