Left Alone (2)

I just wanted to put a little disclaimer here that in this story Sean and Kaycee are in their early 20s, so it is legal for them to drink _______________________________________________________________________________________

Sean spent practically the whole day hiding out, in hopes that he could avoid his nosy friends. He didn't want to talk about it, all he wanted to do was be left alone with his broken heart.

As people walked into the dressing room that Sean occupied, grabbing their stuff and leaving, the once messy room filled with bags and clothes was now deserted - only a few plastic water bottles being left in their place - which he took the liberty in recycling as he left the room, making his way back into the venue.

He came to the conclusion that he must have been hiding out a lot longer than he realized when only a handful of people were left, his friends being some of them.

The group spotted him, looking at him with confusion as Julian motioned him over.

"Where the hell have you been?" Bailey questioned as she pulled him into a quick side hug. "I can't believe BuildaBeast is practically over and this is the first time I've seen you."

He tried his best to give her a smile, but his weak attempt at trying to hide how he felt was useless. It didn't matter anyway, because by the sympathetic looks on his friend's faces he could tell that they already knew something happened.

"She told you?" Sean asked, his eyes flickering from friend to friend.

"She told me and Tahani," Bailey said pointing to her shorter, curly-haired friend. "But we kind of filled the rest of the guy's in."

He threw his head back, letting out a groan to signify in frustration, but in all honesty, he didn't have it in him to care. The only space he had left in his mind to worry about is how after BuildaBeast ends, Kaycee will probably disappear again, at least in his life.

He had one chance to fix things with her, to get her to realize how much he regretted leaving her there alone but he ruined it.

He couldn't get the image of her face transforming from hurt to a fake smile out of his mind. If he didn't know better, he wouldn't have even known how just moments before, tears were running down her face - her acting skills definitely improved over the past couple of years.

Or maybe it was the fact that after Sean left her alone to pick up the pieces of her heart that he broke, she became a pro at pretending that everything was fine - hoping that eventually, her efforts with putting on this act would turn to reality.

Of course, it wasn't that easy, but Kaycee realized that as long as she impersonated this happy, fully intact person in front of her friends and family - she could fall apart when she was alone.

Kaycee couldn't even count the number of days she would end, crying alone in the shower, trying to get the hot water to somehow replace the feeling of his arms on her skin.

She experienced too many failed attempts at this though to be dumb enough to think that it would mend the emptiness she felt - because she was always left alone, the steam making everything into a foggy haze as the echo of the water droplets striking the hard tile floor drowned at her loud sobs.