-Refusal and broken hope. [Chapter 56]

En başından başla

“Oh yes I do.”

I giggled as I seceded my lips away from his and rolled off of him. Pressing my stomach flat up against his side resting my head in the nook of his shoulder as I started up at him, the grin tugging at my lips completely impossible to suppress. And I didn’t want it to. I wanted him to know how happy it made me, he knew how happy it made me but sometimes it was nice to show things too. And it was even nicer to know that he felt the same way.

-

“So,” I started as I carefully shut the door with a click and folded my hands against it before pressing my back against the cool wood. Louis looked up at me and there were bags underneath his eyes and they were rimmed red where he had been crying. In all honesty, he didn’t seem all that keen to see me. But that was irrelevant to me, I had just managed to escape Niall by persuading him to shower so that spared me twenty minutes. And in these twenty minutes I was going to get at least some answers. “You have a few things to tell me, I presume.”

I raised my eye-brows giving him a slightly sympathetic look I sat down in his desk chair and spun around in it once before crossing my legs up and looking at him expectantly. He frowned at something on his laptop screen and then reluctantly shut it and sighed as he threw his head back wincing in pain as it hit the headboard of his bed.

“Well?”

I pushed but he didn’t even respond or open his eyes. He just sat there his facial expression completely impassive, the same clothes on as last night and his hair a mess, but probably not as much of a mess as mine. Even though I had attempted to pull a brush through it, it really needed washing and my shampoo was in the shower Niall was using. I was about to repeat my encouragement for him to reply to me but then he suddenly snapped his gaze open but he refused to settle it on me as he looked aimlessly around his room suddenly finding interest in the chip in the paint on the farthest wall.

“No.”

He mumbled and for a moment I just looked at him wondering if I heard him right. But I had, this wasn’t a misconception of my hearing he was actually telling me no. He was telling me he had nothing to tell me when quite clearly he had a lot of things to tell me, or one very big thing. It wasn’t just last night I wanted an explanation about it, it was the past six months I wanted an explanation about. Half a year is way too long to let someone close to you act off and completely out of it for and I was determined to put a stop to it. Even if nobody else was willing to help me. Fragile things are easily broken, but they work just as well if you handle them with care.

 “What?”

“No.”

He repeated and I just looked at him and blinked a few times. No, I didn’t expect him to fess up to everyone at once why he returned home at four in the morning crying. But I kind of expected him to tell me, we used to be close and I was hoping we could still be, but obviously that wasn’t really going very well right now. But had I not been the one who sat with him in the early hours of the morning at the bottom of the stairs as he cried into my shoulder for twenty minutes straight? Surely I deserved just the briefest of information. I didn’t have to leave the lovely, comfy warm bed I was sharing with my boyfriend, I didn’t have to walk down those stairs and comfort him, I could have just turned back around and returned to my lovely, comfy warm bed with my boyfriend but I didn’t I sat there and let him cry because I care. Surely I deserved something, just something, anything. Maybe even a lie, just something to make me feel like he appreciated the littlest bit that I had sat there with him last night.

“Louis.”

“No, no I don’t have anything to tell you.”

He replied his tone flat and monotonous like he was reeling off a long list of instructions that he had absolutely no enthusiasm in. Now I could hear Niall’s singing getting louder meaning that he was somewhat near the end of his shower. I didn’t have very long left now and so far I’ve got nowhere.