chapter eighteen.

Start from the beginning

"Hurry!" Sage yelled, helping him up hurriedly. Pulling him to his feet she quickened her pace and continued on her far too frantic journey.

"Woah, woah, woah calm down Sage. What's wrong?" Murphy asked, concerned.

"It's raining! That's what's wrong!" Sage responded. Murphy knew it wasn't just the weather, she wasn't rushed, she was scared.

But then it clicked. She was scared of course.

"It's your fear of water isn't it?" Murphy asked, squinting his eyes to avoid the rain. The girl looked away, clearly ashamed as her head bowed.

"Okay maybe." She nodded. "Can we please just-"

The girl was cut off by Murphy's lips pressing against her own. She staggered back, the kiss being unexpected. She kissed back, her hands making their way to the back of his head, her fingers lacing within his wet hair. He smiled into the kiss, his hands holding her lower back before trailing them further down causing the girl to gasp and pull away, meeting the boy's cheeky smile.

"Why did you do that?" She asked with a soft frown.

"One night in the bunker I couldn't sleep and I ended up watching some old romance movie. There was this one scene where they kissed in the rain and I figured I'd try it out." The boy shrugged with a small smile.

"I'm glad you did." She grinned gently.

"Good to hear. And besides there's nothing to be afraid of darling. Think of it as... one giant shower." He suggested. "And remember what happened that time we were in the show-"

This time it was Sage who cut the boy off by placing her lips on his firmly, holding his shirt between her fingers and pulling him close before shoving him down to the ground so he landed in a rather large puddle of rainwater. The girl giggled at her actions, laughing especially hard when the boy on the floor groaned in discomfort.

"You're gonna pay for that one Noon!" He shouted, jumping to his feet and sprinting after the joyous girl. She shrieked as he threw her over his shoulder, sprinting through meadows of flowers as the rain began to turn to a lighter sprinkling. Sage, who was still slung lazily, protested against the boy's hold, fighting and squirming as hard as she could, causing herself to almost fall, almost. Murphy's arms were there to catch her like always and he now held her in an embrace Sage's parents used to enact, they called it 'bridal style'.

"You're the worst." She accused playfully, smacking his chest lightly for affect.

"Am I though?"

She nodded, crossing her arms over her chest while the boy continued to carry her.

"It sounds to me like you're asking to go on my shoulder again." Murphy smirked slyly.

"No, no. Murphy please don- ahhh!" She screamed, once again being held hostage over his shoulder.

"Now, how do you like that Miss Noon?" The boy questioned, Sage couldn't see his face yet she was sure he was smiling through his speech.

"I mean, the view's not bad." She chuckled, eyeing the boy's backside.

"Hey! Eyes front missy!"

"Kind of difficult when it's the only thing in sight."

The boy then proceeded to place her on the ground, where she met his gaze with a cheeky gleam dancing in her eyes. He couldn't help but smile back. She always seemed to have an effect on him.