chapter thirteen.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
ditched by the insane.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Sage clutched her stomach as a sickening feeling erupted. She was sick and tired of their boat journey despite only travelling for an hour or so. During that hour she had slept for ten minutes despite the discomfort of the wooden planks and she had hurled twice. She had apologised frequently to the others on the boat but Murphy had interfered saying if anyone had an issue with her being sick they could answer to him.

She didn't know what had come over him, but he had been awfully protective over her recently. She supposed she felt the same way about him, considering her disagreement with Caspian was over the fate of Murphy.

"Yo, Ahab. Come back. Get some rest." Murphy directed, addressing Jaha who was perched by the front of the boat, leaning over the front, Sage only assumed he was falling asleep.

"I'm fine." The man responded.

"Oh, screw this. If you're not gonna sleep, you can row." One of the men, Craig spat, dropping the oar in his hands. It fell to the floor, thudding in front of Sage's feet.

"Get back on that oar, Craig." Jaha murmured spitefully.

"Or what? We don't even know if we're going in the right direction anymore. We followed that drone across the open ocean. Hell, we deserve to die out here." Craig ranted. Jaha glanced back at the man, ready to scold and lecture him.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm good to go. I can row." Murphy interfered, saving the man the trouble and offering himself in order to prevent a larger argument. Sage smiled proudly at him as he moved forward to pick up the fallen paddle.

"Land?" Richards asked. Sage swirled her back around to see his eyes set ahead of the boat. She gazed out into the seemingly black abyss, her eyes widening at the sight of a faint online of an island. "Land!"

Richards began to laugh as excitement consumed the members of the boat, even Murphy laughed as Sage began to lightly slap his leg in excitement. "Yeah!" Murphy cheered, his arms stretching as he exclaimed, causing Sage to beam even wider than before.

"How does an island of light sound to you, John?" Jaha smiled, all giddy like a child.

The group's elevated mood instantly dropped at the sound of a thud and sensation of the creaky wooden boat rocking beneath them. Sage gulped at the feeling of her stomach dropping, a sensation which appeared to be happening the more she followed Jaha.

"Dammit!" Richards muttered as his oar slipped into the water.

"What was that?" Craig asked worriedly.

Ignoring his question, Jaha glanced back at his group, pointing to the oar in the water as he commanded Richards to retrieve it. "Get that oar! Get that oar."