chapter nineteen.

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
abcs of me.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

For someone who never fancied the ocean or any water for that matter, Sage was surprisingly calmed by the sound of waves crashing upon the shoreline. Closing her eyes, she listened only to the sounds of the coast and blocked out the rest of the world. The only thing that brought her back to reality was the feeling of Murphy's hand rubbing her upper back gently.

They must have been sitting on the shore for hours because before long, the once iridescent sky had transformed into a black abyss, dotted with stars and constellations Sage knew all too well.

"What do you think everyone's up to back home?" Sage asked quietly, her head falling to rest on Murphy's shoulder.

"Home?" He asked.

"Camp Jaha." She rephrased, realising the camp wasn't home to them anymore, but perhaps it never was in the first place.

"I don't know. Clarke and Bellamy are probably still barking orders like the king and queen, they might have actually saved the kids from Mount Weather, maybe even your friend, what's his name?" Murphy guessed.

"Everest." Sage responded fondly, the image of the boy flashed in across her mind.

"Yeah, him."

"I hope he's okay." She muttered quietly.

"If it were up to the power couple to save him, i'm sure they did." Murphy chuckled, reassuring the girl.

"I suppose you're right, those two would refuse to give up even if it puts their lives on the line." Sage pointed out. "You think they're dating yet?"

"Surely they'd have to be. I mean if they aren't that's just pathetic on both parts." Murphy chuckled. Sage agreed, if Bellamy and Clarke weren't together by now there was something seriously standing in their way.

"I bet you they'll be dating by the time we get back to the mainland someday." Murphy continued.

"Nope, I doubt it. They've taken so long to admit their feelings I bet they won't realise until the end of the world." Sage joked.

"That already happened darling." Murphy snickered, causing the girl to roll her eyes playfully.

"I don't want to go back there." Murphy muttered after a pause, a solemn mood falling over the pair. Sage looked up at him, the breeze floated softly through his hair making him fit in rather perfectly with the natural backdrop behind him.

"I can't imagine why you would." Sage spoke softly, addressing his misery.

"They all hate me."