Rodney sat cross-legged on the hilltop with you resting in his lap. His arms were loosely wrapped around your waist, and you were leaning back against his chest. Your hands were folded in your own lap while his head was resting on your shoulder. You turned your head to place a kiss to his cheek. "Thanks for doing this."

"No problem." He smiled. "You're welcome for tolerating you, too."

You giggled. "That's just a given."

He chuckled, which sent shivers up your spine when you felt his chest move against your back as he did so. "I guess I'll agree with that." His arms slightly tightened around your waist as he pulled your body closer to him.

You sighed in content as you pulled up a hand, placing on the shoulder of your opposite arm. Rodney removed one hand from your waist and placed it on top of yours. The other hand came up to your chin, gently turning it to the side. He placed a sweet kiss to your lips that you happily returned.

His hand slightly tightened around yours as he leaned more into the kiss, tilting his head. Your soft giggle only made him deepen the kiss further. You felt a smile come to his face in response to the one that came to yours.

You both slowly parted, but he placed one quick kiss back to your lips before actually pulling away. A hum escaped your lips, "You're perfect."

Rodney smiled as he wrapped his arms securely around your shoulders, hugging you from behind. "I just love you to death."

"I know." You smiled back, snuggling into the hug. "I love you just as much." You looked up at the dozens of sparkling stars in the sky, all looking like precious diamonds as they shone down upon the two of you.

A confused look came to your face as you felt Rodney lift you from his lap. He stood up and placed you on your feet. You turned to look at him, watching as he bowed and held out his hand. "Would you care to dance, Miss?" He asked, mimicking a formal voice.

You giggled with an exaggerated curtesy. "Why yes, good sir." You replied in an equally formal voice. Placing your hand in his, he carefully pulled you towards him. You wrapped your arms around his neck while his wrapped around your lower back.

The two of you began to glide and swirl around the hilltop. His hands rarely ever left you, neither did his beautiful eyes. He would gracefully twirl you around and dip you, always bringing you right back into his chest.

Your eyes were mostly glued to the sky, watching how the stars would seemingly spin around you as you twirled, giving off the illusion of beautiful swirling galaxies. They way they innocently glittered and gleamed was very relaxing, which perfectly matched Rodney's loving touch. It almost seemed like this was all fake; it seemed to pretty and perfect to be reality.

Ending the dance, Rodney pulled you back against his chest, holding you close. He looked into your eyes, admiring the sparkles in them caused by the reflection of the stars above. He noticed how their faint glow managed to light your face perfectly. "You're so beautiful." He whispered.

You lightly blushed. "Thanks."

"I love your sparkling eyes and your adorable face. I love how you always know the right jokes to tell to make me smile, and I love how you always turn each day I'm with you into the best day ever."

You smiled warmly as you placed your hands against his chest, leaning into his body. "I love how you are so perfect, even with all of your quirks. I love how your metal fin is always lopsided and I love your adorably crooked grin. Don't even get me started on your striking eyes that not only soothe me, but always hold that familiar passionate flame of determination."

You both raised a hand to the other's cheek in sync, both of you leaning into the other's gentle touch. "I'm happy you're the one." You both whispered in unison. Rodney chuckled as he leaned in to kiss your lips again, although much more passionate and loving than before.

~~~~~~~~

Rodney walked you back to his house. When you reached the doorstep, he asked, "Would you like to stay the night?"

You thought for a second, knowing your parents wouldn't be back until much later tomorrow afternoon. They probably texted or called, but you didn't exactly care. You knew they were still excusing your silence and lack of response for you needing rest and taking care of yourself as you slowly healed. "Yeah." You smiled, finishing off your thoughts.

He quietly led you inside the dark house, indicting his parents were asleep, and crept to his room. You followed him and flicked on the lamp as he cautiously shut his bedroom door behind him, barely even making a noise. When he turned around, you were already laying on his bed.

He smiled to himself as he approached you, crawling on top of you. He straddled you as he stared down at you lovingly when you yawned. "You're so cute."

"Okay." You mumbled tiredly.

He quietly laughed before leaning down to kiss the tip of your nose. He planned on doing only that, but figured it wouldn't hurt to continue. He placed a plethora of kisses all over your face, from your forehead to your jawline and even beneath your chin.

You giggled as you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling his head closer to you. Moving your hands to the sides of his face, you stopped him and started to kiss him all over his face. He smiled at your softness, chuckling whenever you kissed near his eyes.

After taking turns kissing all over the other's face, you and Rodney soon stopped as you grew more tired. He stopped hovering over you and moved over to the other side of the bed. He pulled the covers over both you and him as he wrapped an arm around your waist and dragged you closer to him.

You smiled with a hum as you turned around in his grasp, snuggling into his chest and the warmth of the blankets simultaneously. "Thank you so much for the date." You whispered, glancing up at him with tired eyes.

"Anytime." He whispered back, pulling you closer to him. "I love you."

"I know." You yawned, closing your eyes. "I love you just as much."