Balbadd

As we were walking out little trio started talking about random things, like where we came from and past places that we've been to. Morgiana had briefly told me about her past as a slave, and how Aladdin and his friend Alibaba had saved her. Aladdin really enjoyed talking and praising this Alibaba fellow. "He sounds like quite the character." I said with a chuckle. His eyes lit up. "I'd bet he'd love to meet you, he's so strong and brave, just you wait and see!"

I let out a snort.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I muttered nonchalantly. As we continued to walk for a few more minutes I was starting to be able make out a few buildings and towers. That must be a sign we're getting closer, I thought with relief.

"Hey look," Morg called out, "I can see Balbadd!" We had just about reached the top of the hill, and sure enough, she was right I had a complete view of Balbadd. Gosh I'm exhausted.

I took a small break to look up at the sky, it was just about dawn. My boss probably thinks I'm dead, I think feeling a bit defeated.

"Can we pick up the pace just a little guys? I need to meet someone." I asked, although knowing my boss he probably already left.

"Who?" Aladdin asked me curiously. "My boss actually," I said smiling sheepishly, "you see I was supposed to be in Balbadd a while ago, but I got lost." Morgiana glanced up at me, "How do you know that he'll still be there?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He probably won't be," I stated with a sigh, "but he probably left a letter or something that I should hurry up and grab." Before he decides to cut my paycheck.

"Why don't you go on ahead, and we'll meet you there?" Morg suggested. "You sure?" I asked not wanting them to feel like I was ditching them. "Yeah, let's meet up for dinner!" Aladdin shouted excitedly. Once we all thought of a time to meet up later, I said bye and ran off.

—————————Time Skip————————-

   Once I finally arrived into Balbadd, I have to say that I was seriously underwhelmed. I mean the place was in terrible shape. There were kids on the streets, wearing nothing more than mere rags on their bodies. Not to mention everyone seemed so tense.......and glary. It took me a while before I finally found a mailing station, which by the way was out of service and CLOSED. My boss is gonna be piiiiiiissed.

   Quick piece of info, my boss really isn't my boss, he's more of a person who likes helping people find opportunity. (as long as he gets money out of it) So when people (like me) need help starting their business he helps them find great places to start. And for some gosh forsaken reason he recommended me come to Balbadd. Which I still don't understand, only bad things would come from giving weapons to a kingdom like this. I'm serious it looks as if this place could go to war any second.

   As soon as I left, I felt something swoosh past me. I turned around to look and saw that it was a group of kids running by me and laughing. Out of reflex I reached into my pocket to feel if my wallet was still there.

Unsurprisingly, it wasn't.

Dang it.

  I tightened the straps to my bag and sprinted after them, although it's not like I even had a lot of money anyways so I probably could've let them have it......but I'm not that nice. Besides what loser actually keeps money in their wallet, that's just asking for it to get stolen. As I'm following them down a nearby alley I overhear their conversation.

"We're gonna eat good tonight!"

  "Remember we're sharing guys!"

  "Aww man that lady didn't even have that much money."

  Ok, first of all how rude. Secondly, you can mock me about a lot of things, but you will not mock my poorness. I sneak up behind the kid waving my wallet around and snatch it, holding it above his head. "Hey give that back!" he whined, alerting the rest of his group of my appearance. "No" I replied while sliding my wallet into my bag for safe keeping. "This is for people who can steal without getting caught." I say wagging my finger around.
   "You just got lucky." said a little girl. I walked up to her, bent down, and said, "Well this must be my lucky day huh?" Making sure that I had all of my items and my belongings I got up and was about to leave, but for some stupid reason I decided to turn around one last time. Maybe I could give them just a little bit of money I thought with a sigh, because in the end they really were just kids.

Ugh, sympathizing with other people is the worse.

   I reluctantly gave the little girl the last bit of money that I had. Her eyes lit up like stars, "Really miss are u sure?" she asked looking up at me. I gave her a small smile, and ruffled her hair, "Just don't make me regret it too much, ok kiddo." She then gave my leg a small hug thanking me, and ran off.

  I sighed defeatedly. Don't worry Mr. Wallet you'll be full again one day. I then heard what sounded to be a dying whale. I looked at my gut with a small smile, "Don't worry, I'll be sure to feed you first." I said reassuringly.

  Now that I think about it I was actually supposed to meet Aladdin and Morgiana for lunch wasn't I? Oh well Balbadd is a pretty big kingdom, I guess the chances of me actually seeing them again were pretty low. As I try to figure out how I'm going to be able to eat without having any money (poor Mr. Wallet) I hear someone call my name.

  I stopped to look up and see who is calling me only to be knocked down by an unknown force. "Oww! What's your problem?" I yelled after landing on my back, that was gonna leave a mark. "Sorry Ray, I was running towards you you see, but I got close and I couldn't  stop myself." I pulled myself up off the floor and noticed that the person that knocked me down was Aladdin. I reached my hand out for him to grab so that he could get up too. "Nothings broken so I think we're good." I say gesturing to myself. "Where's Morgiana?" I asked noticing the redheaded fanalis wasn't with him. "Oh she's with Mr. Sinbad!" he replies, then after seeing my confused expression pulls me along telling me that I'll meet him when we get there.

————————————————————————————-–——————————————————

  After a while of running we finally stop at what looks to be a very expensive hotel. "Sorry Aladdin I seem to be pretty poor and broke at the moment, I don't think I can afford this." I say while looking longingly at the hotel. Before Aladdin has the chance to respond a voice interrupts him.

"Is the girl that you were out looking for Aladdin?" I turn around to see a purple haired man in fancy clothing. I wonder how much I'd get paid if I sold them? "Yup!" responds Aladdin, "This is Ray!" Hearing my name I snap out of my thoughts and look up while giving a small wave. After actually getting a good look at the man, I realize that he looks kind of familiar.

Have I met him before?

  We started making our way to to the lunch tables outside. I see Morgiana, what looks to be another fanalis, and a white haired guy. We make eye contact and then it clicks.

"You!!"