As the snakelike streams of clouds continued to consume the stored frost energy, Qin Lie’s frost natal palaces began to resonate with icy cracking noises. It seemed as if the spaces within them were expanding, freezing everything around them to turn everything into a world of ice.

At the same time, thousands of icy lights burst from Qin Lie’s three frost natal palaces like sharp arrows, heading in every direction.

His other six natal palaces, three thunder and three earth, underwent an abrupt change in response, discharging the power of thunder, lightning, and earth.

As a result, his spirit sea became chaotic once more, embroiled in intense conflict.

“Swoosh swoosh swoosh!”

Qin Lie’s wisp of consciousness split into several pieces, each spreading to different positions of his spirit sea like shadows.

All of a sudden, it was as if countless eyes were closely watching the world within Qin Lie’s spirit sea. They hovered deep within the nine sun-like natal palaces and examined every miniscule change inside of them, trying to figure out what was making them behave so strangely.

This time, Qin Lie had plenty of soul energy, and his blood thrived with life. He had plenty of power to support his spirit sea and make sure it endured the fighting.

“Bang!”

While Qin Lie focused on the world of his spirit sea, the ice surrounding the Demon Sealing Tombstone exploded without warning.

Before he could react, the seven divine lights within it blossomed and transformed into seven divine chains that actually writhed toward him.

In an instant, the Demon Sealing Tombstone flew over to hover above his head.

Divine light shone down upon him like a colorful shield of light that enveloped his entire body.

Qin Lie opened his eyes, instantly discovering that all of the frost energy that had converged on him from all over the Forbidden Land of Ice and surged into his spirit sea… had completely vanished.

The intense conflict within his dantian’s spirit sea came to an abrupt halt. The powers of earth and thunder withdrew into their respective natal palaces, and the three frost natal palaces no longer unleashed icy beams of light.

Even the frigid clouds shaped like snakes no longer greedily devoured the frost energy within the icy worlds of each frost natal palace.

Everything had returned to normal.

Just before they shackled Qin Lie, the seven divine chains came to a stuttering stop and withdrew back into the Demon Sealing Tombstone hovering above him, quick as lightning.

All of the frost energy that had rushed into his spirit sea dissipated after the Demon Sealing Tombstone arrived, exiting Qin Lie’s body and flowing in a specific direction.

The Demon Sealing Tombstone emitted a shrill noise, as if it wanted to chase after that energy and prevent it from escaping.

Before it could fly away, Qin Lie reacted instantly and grabbed hold of it, restraining it despite his astonishment.

It was then that he realized what had been going on.

The strange things occurring in his spirit sea… how his frost natal palaces were behaving aggressively and his thunder and earth natal palaces acted in retaliation… none of that was his fault.

—He had actually been invaded by a foreign entity!

The frost energy that had flooded his spirit sea contained the aura of the ice spirit! It may have even possessed a tiny amount of its consciousness!