Chapters 301-310

Chapter 301: Not Let Down Our Conscience!

Those responsible for fighting on behalf of Armament Sect were the outer sect and Blood Spear. The inner sect was just a bunch of artificers.

At this moment, under Lang Xie’s and Feng Rong’s orders, Blood Spear’s martial practitioners had all chosen to stay put. Tong Jihua and the group of outer sect elders and disciples actually sighed and groaned, falling “ill” all at the same time…

The faces of Ying Xingran and the three great reverends were as ugly as one could imagine.

The current situation was something they had never expected. They did not think that Qin Lie would weigh so heavily in the hearts of Blood Spear and the outer sect elders and disciples.

“Terrific! How terrific!” Ying Xingran glared at Lang Xie, Feng Rong, Tong Jihua, and the rest of the group, unconcealable sternness in his eyes. “The sect has raised you all for so many years and provided you all with an endless amount of cultivation resources, and yet, when something arises, all of you shrink away from your responsibilities! Who have you not let down?!”

“We have not let down our conscience!” Lang Xie answered indifferently.

The moment he said this, the expressions of many Blood Spear martial practitioners and outer sect elders and disciples shook.

Ying Xingran was green in the face. His cheeks shuddered, but he found himself speechless for a moment.

“Sect master, if it wasn’t for Qin Lie’s request, Profound Heaven Alliance would not have saved you.” Feng Rong sighed softly and said directly, “In truth, when the sect was met with grave danger, your body… was dying already. It was that senior Xue Li who had injected a wisp of blood energy into your body, and it was Qin Lie who froze you in ice, enabling you to last long enough until Profound Heaven Alliance saved you. Otherwise, you would’ve passed away more than half a year ago.”

Those who had experienced the sect’s great tragedy all nodded their heads on the inside, listening to Feng Rong’s words.

Even the inner sect elders, such as Tan Dongling and Wei Qing, were looking at Ying Xingran with uncertain eyes.

“I knew very well what Qin Lie has done for Armament Sect. I don’t need you to remind me!” Ying Xingran humphed coldly with a dark face and said, “If Qin Lie hadn’t done all of this, do you think I would be so generous to have him leave behind only the twelve spirit pattern pillars? He has mastered the inscriptions of the twelve diagrams and even researched the sect’s secret scriptures. They should’ve all been revoked by the sect! It is exactly because he has performed a meritorious service for the sect that the sect has not been merciless, and only requested the twelve spirit pattern pillars. I am already being generous!”

“Sigh, never mind. I’m not going to say anything else.” Seeing that she couldn’t persuade him, Feng Rong shook her head with a look of disappointment. She understood that he had made up his mind to drive Qin Lie away no matter what.

After Feng Rong had spoken up, Qin Lie no longer said anything. He just kept quiet and stood there motionlessly.

He simply stared at the sect master and the three great reverends coldly, waiting to see what they would do. He wanted to know what would they use to negotiate for the twelve spirit pattern pillars now that Blood Spear and the outer sect disciples had chosen to do nothing and watch from the sidelines.

Qin Lie felt touched by Blood Spear and the outer sect elders and disciples.

Originally, he was infinitely disappointed by Armament Sect. He had thought that the whole sect was just a bunch of ungrateful people, but Blood Spear and the outer sect’s display of behavior made him realize that there were only a small portion of people who were like Ying Xingran and the three great reverends. There were more Armament Sect martial practitioners who had actually not forgotten what he did for them.