~Oumota~

Kokichi Ouma x Kaito Momota

*flips bed*

IT IS TIME, LADIES AND GENTS

The time has finally come for me to talk about one of my favorite danganronpa ships, Oumota. Or as I like to call it, the space dorksâ„¢

They're,,,, perfect????,,,

I LOVE THEM

SO MUCH.

Some people call it abusive and let me tell u,,,,,

U r  w r o n g

I mean I respect your opinion but,,,, your opinion is thrash

nah jk

or not

I rlly love this ship.

It started with me liking their friendship but not shipping it, to me thinking it was kinda cute, and then to me straight up stanning it.

I can't imagine NOT shipping this tbh.

Kaito was the only person Kokichi genuinely opened up to, which makes me think that Kaito was the person Kokichi was the closest to, or trusted most. It's a shame they had to die when they were just starting to get along.

In utdp they have a very cute interaction were Kokichi basically says that he'll never leave Kaito alone in his life, and Kaito is actually able to tell when he was lying and being honest which leads me to believe that Kokichi had some kind of similar breakdown in that universe, or at the very least, Kaito had gotten to know him and understand him way better. Which is fucking cute.

Another thing about utdp that I found interesting was that Kokichi didn't have a single interaction with Shuichi, which makes me think that he didn't actually care about him too much outside of the killing game. Kokichi was at his breaking point in canon, and that's the reason he tried to get close to Sushi; he needed someone to see his true colors. And since Shuichi is the ultimate detective, he chose him. Not because he actually cared about him or was interested in him; but because he thought that out of all the students he had the highest chance of uncovering his mask. But in the end, Shuichi didn't. In their free time events he comes close and sees the fact that Kokichi isn't just the lying lil shit he seems like, but despite that he still treats him like shit in chapter 5.

Well, that's how I see it, anyway.

I don't wanna make this too long, but in conclusion; Kaito's and Kokichi's relationship is by far one of the best and most interesting in the entire series, and their rivalry was one of the best parts of v3 imo. It would obviously take some time, but I actually think they could have a stable relationship. Kaito isn't the ideal person Kokichi needs, but I still think it could work. Not to mention all the fucking adorable fanart and amazing fanfics.