Yoshikage Kira x Fem Reader (Just Business)

Start from the beginning

"Ready?" He asked.

You nodded and grabbed your purse and jacket.

You walked along Mr. Kira's side and couldn't help but notice all the dirty looks that were thrown in your direction. Of course, you'd get dirty looks on a regular basis because you were lucky enough to be his secretary, but seeing you leave with him must've really set them off. You looked to Mr. Kira who focused on the path ahead of him, he didn't seem to care about the others.

Eventually, the both of you got into his car and drove off.

"So where are we heading?" You asked as you looked out the window.

"We are heading to a business meeting."

"Oh you should've told me earlier sir, I could've brought my notepad to write down anything of importance..."

"That won't be necessary," He replied.

You both were silent for a moment.

"...Well not to sound rude sir, but why invite me then?"

"I have... A different use for you."

You were about to press further until you both arrived at a popular restaurant just outside of Morioh. You both exited the car and went inside. The two of you were escorted by a waitress to a table that sat five men all in suits. The two of you greeted the men and took your seats.

For a while, they just talked about business and how everyone was doing with their personal lives. You didn't find much interest in their conversation until an elder gentleman of the group spoke.

"Yoshikage, what did you think of my offer?"

Mr. Kira patted his mouth with a napkin, "I appreciate it, but I'm going to have to respectfully decline."

"Yoshikage... How long will you keep this up?"

Keep what up?

You turned your attention to him. Mr. Kira chuckled a bit and then without warning he casually placed an arm around your shoulder.

"I'm already engaged."

ENGAGED?!

Your eyes grew so wide that they might as well have popped out of your head.

The elder gentleman (who you later learned was Mr. Shun) straightened his tie, "Well... Why didn't you tell me sooner, I wouldn't have even bothered offering my daughter's hand..."

"We're pretty private about our relationship, we're both passionate about our work and try not to let our relationship interfere."

You couldn't speak, your mouth went dry.

How could he do this?!

"Well, congratulations to the two of you," One of the men at the table spoke while raising his glass.

"Yes, we hope for nothing but happiness for the two of you!" Another man chimed in.

Everyone raised their glasses even Mr. Kira. You were still frozen in place.

Mr. Kira pinched your shoulder to get you to also raise your glass. When you did raise it, it was only half full but it felt like it weighed at least ten pounds. When you all clinked glasses and drank, your taste buds couldn't register the drink you just had...

***

When the meeting was over Mr. Ki-- well Yoshikage now in front of his business partners, led you to the car. When you both entered you let him have it.