05

episode 5
starring min yoongi & kim namjoon

namjoon clutched hard into his hat while he zoomed through the starry night sky

namjoon clutched hard into his hat while he zoomed through the starry night sky. his midnight black cloak flew in the air with the strong wind. the young cosmic witch had been practicing how to utilize the energy he received from the celestial bodies.

all his previous self-training secessions had gone particularly well. only a few minor cuts and scratches, but nothing he couldn't handle. however, tonight was a full moon and maybe the cosmic witch forgot that increased his powers. the moment he got on his broomstick, he was sent across the sky at an ungodly speed with no control whatsoever.

namjoon tried to stir himself to prevent any crashing, but his broom seemed to have a mind of its own. he was heading straight for a rickety-old house decorated in vines and flowers. his broom flew right into the flower bed, luckily they weren't roses. namjoon stood up in a very unstable manner. he rubbed his bum, which surprisingly didn't break from the harsh landing. the witch dusted the dirt off his cloak. he picked up his broom and was prepared to sneak off before the owner caught him, but his cloak was stuck on something, or rather someone was holding it back.

namjoon glanced back. his eyes widened at the white cat biting his cloak with a tight hold. the cosmic witch's eyes transformed into a bright purple shade. he rose his hand as they glowed the same color as his eyes. he was about to send the vicious cat flying, but a gentle voice caught his ears.

"cedar," yoongi called out. he pushed the door leading to the garden open. the light from the house shined on cedar and the cosmic witch. namjoon lowered his arm and his eyes changed back to normal. namjoon's face heated up at the sight of the, probably freshly woken up, plant witch. yoongi cheeks were nice and plump, his hair was cutely messy, and he was rubbing at his eyes to get rid of the sleepiness.

once the tiredness disappeared, yoongi finally took notice of the stranger standing in his garden. "oh, hello. i wasn't expecting any guest so late at night." the plant witch squinted his eyes at the white blob near the stranger. "oh, my daisies! cedar, stop attacking him." cedar meowed in protest, but still trudged his way to his owner. "you naughty kitty. you keep attacking all my guests."

yoongi looked back at the stranger. "may i know why you're stepping on my tulips at this time of night?"

namjoon rushed to take off his hat and bow at yoongi. "sorry about your flowers. i'm, um, a cosmic witch. i was practicing my flying skills, but i lost control." namjoon shyly smiled. he rubbed the nape of his neck, quite embarrassed by his own revelation. "oh! i'm kim namjoon, cosmic witch– wait! did i say that already? oh, my stars, this is so embarrassing."

yoongi giggled. he flashed namjoon a gummy smile, causing the cosmic witch to blush furiously. he thanked the galaxy that his face was hidden in the dark. yoongi gestured for the other witch to come inside. "please come inside and have some tea. it must've quite a fall. i'm sure you have some injuries."

namjoon would've refused if it were anyone else, but how could he possibly deny a face like that? namjoon entered the house, much to the cedar's dismay. the plant witch guided the other to take a seat at the dining table. in a flash, yoongi was out of sight.

yoongi ran to the kitchen. he fiddled with his kettle. he filled the container with water and threw in several jasmine flowers inside. he turned the stove dial until he heard the clicks and the flame appeared. he set the kettle on to the fire. while waiting for the tea to boil, he opened his cabinet full of different elixirs. he ran his finger across the tubes until they landed on the familiar deep purple potion. he grabbed it and gently set it on a metal tray. he moved on to the next cabinet and pulled out a box full of bandaids. he set those on the same tray. he grabbed to porcelain cups off the wall where it hung. he set them on the metal tray. just on cue, the kettle began making a noise to signal that the tea is done. yoongi shut off the fire. he took the kettle off the stove and poured the fresh tea into the cups. he carefully placed the kettle back on the stove. he picked up the tray and headed back into the dining area.

"sorry to keep you waiting so long, namjoon. i hope cedar wasn't any trouble for you." yoongi put down the tray onto the wooden table. he handed namjoon the cup of tea before taking the empty seat next to the witch.

namjoon blew on the tea and took a sip. "cedar was perfectly fine. he's quite a special one."

yoongi laughed, "is he now? he seems quite average to me. maybe a bit overprotective, but it's nice." the plant witch picked handed namjoon the elixir and explained to him what it was. the cosmic witch didn't hesitate to take the liquid substance. yoongi then opened the box of bandaids and took some out.

yoongi took ahold of namjoon's hand and set it on the table. he took the protective layer off the bandaid and stuck it on the scratch on the cosmic witch. he then placed another one on namjoon's cheek. the latter wasn't even sure how he got one on his face when he landed butt first.

namjoon shyly faced away from yoongi when the smaller got closer to properly inspect for any more injuries. yoongi was way too pretty and namjoon wasn't sure if he'd be able to survive. one thing namjoon knew for sure is that he wanted to see the little plant witch more often.

| author's note
soft namgi!witch boys is a concept i thrive on
edited.
01/29/2021