01

episode 1
starring min yoongi & jung hoseok

yoongi walked out of his house and into his oversized garden with his white-furred cat

yoongi walked out of his house and into his oversized garden with his white-furred cat. his cat, cedar, jumped on top of the rickety-old bench that yoongi helped build with his parents at the young age of seven. the witch strode over to the wooden shed that had leaf vines growing up the sides. he opened the shed and immediately went to the back. he stood on his tippy-toes and stretched his arm as far as he could to reach the jar labeled carnation, which inconveniently sat on the highest part of the shelf. yoongi cursed to himself as to why he put the darn jar on the top when he clearly knew he couldn't grab it.

a deep chuckle boomed throughout the itty bitty shed. a sudden gush of wind burst through the door. yoongi closed his eyes tight and gripped hard onto his hat to prevent it from flying off. yoongi opened an eye to be greeted by the smoke that covered the ground. yoongi let out a welp when he felt another body being pressed up against him. an arm is extended foreword and helps grab the jar full of carnation seeds.

yoongi shuttered when he felt a hot breath brush against his neck. "here you go petal," the way too close person whispered in a singsong manner.

yoongi pouted when he realized who the uninvited guest was. "oh, it's you. you pesky demon." yoongi took back the jar and turned around. he tilted his head at the demon. "why are you here again, hoseok? aren't you suppose to be busy doing demon activities?" recently, yoongi and hoseok had quite a few run-ins with each other, but on all those occasions it was quite one-sided. hoseok had been bored in hell and decided that it was about time to visit the outside world. of course, he wasn't expecting to teleport in the middle of some worn-down house in the middle of the forest. in his defense, the last time he teleported in that exact spot, it was open ground. but he the demon was so glad he made the decision to visit because if he didn't, he would have never met the beautiful witch.

yoongi freak out the first time he saw hoseok, not because he was a demon, but because a complete stranger broke into his house. cedar didn't take it very well when he noticed his master was scared so he did the most logical thing, attack the evil man. ever since then, hoseok has been making frequent visits to bother the little witch. yoongi would've been completely fine with it if hoseok wasn't a distraction. the demon would constantly play around and pull pranks causing yoongi to never get anything actually done.

hoseok leaned in more, perhaps a bit too close. he tilted yoongi's head up with a single finger to the chin. "i was bored. i missed you pe– ow! what the fuck!"

hoseok stumbled away from yoongi and glared down at his leg. with the mist gone, he growled at the white cat that had imprinted bite marks into his leg. cedar hissed at the demon before waltzing its way to his master's legs. cedar protectively sat in front of yoongi, whilst glaring at the intruder.

hoseok rubbed at his leg, "your cat is crazy."

yoongi crossed his arms, "cedar is not crazy. you're the crazy one. always breaking into my house." the witch crouched down and lovingly pet cedar on his head. cedar purred in response and nuzzled his head into the hands of his owner. "he's just protective," yoongi cooed.

the witch stood back up and frowned. "so why are you really here, hoseok?"

said male groaned, "can't i just drop by. the underworld gets boring real fast." hoseok made a move forward but immediately took a step back when cedar began hissing at him.

yoongi giggled. "the o-so-scary demon of the underworld is scared of a little cat. how funny?" yoongi began walking past hoseok. the heels of his boot hitting against the wood floor with a clack. cedar followed close but still made frequent glances at the demon.

yoongi halted in his footstep and looked up his shoulder. "if you want to be in my company, then you have to help me with my garden."

hoseok smirked, "what's so hard about a garden?"

___

hoseok definitely underestimated the laborious work of gardening. especially since the witch's garden was practically a forest. while yoongi worked on planting the carnation seeds into the soil, he tasked the demon with cutting all the overgrown grass. hoseok had come to the surface in hopes of talking to the pretty plant witch that lived in the forest, but he should've known that wouldn't happen.

the devil had long ago taken off his blazer and tossed it onto the bench, which was now covered in cedar's fur. hoseok rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt and slacks, but they still got dirty. hoseok wiped the sweat off his face and went back to chopping under the burning sun. hoseok really wished he had more colors in his wardrobe other than black.

the dumb thing was that hoseok could easily get rid of the long grass with a snap of his finger, but the stubborn demon had the biggest goal to impress the witch. yoongi laughed at this, but he admired how determined the devil was. he thought long and hard about this and decided he might as well give hoseok a reward for working so hard.

yoongi walked up to hoseok with a fresh cup of cold water. hoseok didn't hesitate to take the offering and chug down the refreshing drink. the cool water went down his throat, some spilling out his mouth and drip down his sharp jawline.

yoongi thought this would be the best time to give hoseok his present. the witch stood on the top of his toes and rested a hand on the devil's board shoulder. yoongi leaned in and pressed a light kiss on hoseok's cheek.

hoseok dropped his arm and gazed into the eyes of the witch. yoongi flashed his gummy smile. "if you finish the entire garden maybe i'll give you another prize." yoongi took the glass and skipped away back into his house.

a glint of determination filled hoseok's eyes and without another second to waste, he was cutting the grass again. back on the bench, cedar glared at the demon. cedar jumped off the bench and walked right into a patch of muddy dirt. he made sure all his paws were covered with the thick brown substance before moving back to his spot on the bench. he walked in circles on hoseok's black blazer until enough paw prints decorated the cloth.

| author's note
i finally edited the chapters. 
01/29/2021