Chapter 16

1/22/19

By nine o'clock, you left the human world and let the device take you back to the robot world. You had finished your morning routine with a new pep in your step, and you chose some simple yet attractive clothes. Casually pretty. After all, today was the date! You even added a small satchel to the outfit, making it easier to carry around better foods like sandwiches.

Thankfully, your device transported you right to the steps of Bigweld Industries instead of some random place like last time. You figured you would have to ask Rodney to find a way to adjust the device. You didn't want to end up in a scary or dangerous place on accident. That would be such a mess.

With a bright smile on your face, you made your way up the steps and hurried to Rodney's workspace. You quietly creaked open his door, finding him absorbed in his work as he was trying to fasten some bolts with his wrench. A devious smirk made its way to your lips as you crept further into the room.

You approached his form, his back still facing you, and looked over his shoulder for a quick second to make sure you wouldn't scare him into breaking something too important or dangerous. When you noticed everything was all clear, you roughly grabbed his shoulders. "Boo!"

"Ah!" Rodney screamed, haphazardly letting his wrench fly from his hand and into the air in shock. You cackled as he placed a hand to his face, the other hand over the gauge on his chest. "You scared me to death, (Y/N)!"

"Not really. You aren't dead." You rolled your eyes. "That can be arranged though."

Rodney looked at you with disbelief before rolling his eyes back. "That will never be arranged. You know you can't live without me. Besides," he grabbed your wrists and pulled you into him, "you love me too much."

"Ha ha." You laughed sarcastically. "Whatever you say."

Rodney chuckled and kissed the tip of your nose. "You look lovely today."

"Thanks." You smiled, a light blush dusting your cheeks. "And you look the same as usual."

"What, attractive?" He cocked a brow with a smirk.

"If you mean rusty and dusty, then sure." You sassily placed your hands on your hips.

Rodney lightly glared and pinched your cheek affectionately. "Take that back."

"Never." You giggled.

"Fine. Have it your way." He shrugged nonchalantly before leaning in to place dozens of light kisses around your face.

You laughed, gently trying to push him off you. "Rodney, we need to go soon!"

"Oh hush." He murmured, continuing to pepper your face with kisses as he forced himself closer to you. His warm breath tickled your skin as he spoke. You smiled with a small hum when he mumbled something in between kisses. "You smell nice."

"Thanks." You laughed. "Now come on! I want to go!"

He pulled away with a small sigh. "What's the rush?"

"Come on, I'm so excited!" You beamed. "I've been waiting for this for so long!"

Rodney laughed. "We only planned this yesterday!"

"Whatever! It feels like ages ago!"

"Fine. One more kiss before we leave?" He asked hopefully.

You smiled, placing a sweet kiss to each side of his face. "There. Two kisses. Can we leave now?" He chuckled as the two of you linked arms and exited his workspace, heading to the train station not far away.