bucky - uno

"Y/N, please... Please don't do this."

"I'm sorry, Buck."

"We've known each other for so long... We've been through so much together..."

"I don't have another choice. You know I have to do this."

Bucky sighs, his shoulders deflating. "I know," he says softly.

You take a deep breath. You don't want to hurt him, but this is the one move that would ensure your victory. You breathe out, then lift your hand. Bucky winces, eyes closing. He's accepting his fate.

"Uno," you say fiercely, slapping your card down onto the table.

Bucky utters a curse, letting his cards flutter to the ground. "That's the third game you've won tonight."

A devilish smile turns your lips upward. "Did you want to play another rematch? I, for one, would absolutely enjoy kicking your fantastic super soldier ass a fourth time." You wiggle your eyebrows at him suggestively. 

Bucky looks like he's biting back a smile. "You're a monster."

"And you love me for it," you say without thinking. Bucky's face goes white.

Shit, you think. I've overstepped another boundary.

That was the thing with Bucky. When he first joined the team, everyone was prone to walking on eggshells around him. Even Steve. You were the only one who acted relatively normal with him from the beginning, which led to how close you two were. But being so normal also meant mistakes were bound to happen. The first was when during his first week as an Avenger. You gripped his shoulder when he said something particularly funny, and then he just sort of... folded in on himself. You hadn't been able to reach him for two days after that.

You just hoped this wasn't one of those times.

"Hey, Buck, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overstep–"

"You didn't."

Your eyebrows fly up to your hairline. "Wha... Really?"

"Shut up, Y/N," Bucky says, running a hand through his hair. You thought you saw a bit of a blush rising on his cheeks. "You know how I feel about you."

You were at a loss for words.

"So, you wanna play another round?"

"Um, I... Yeah, sure."

Bucky picks up the deck of cards and begins to shuffle them.

"I love you too, you know," you say softly. Bucky's eyes flicker to yours. "Oh, don't act so surprised, Barnes. You literally look like a fucking teddy bear. It's impossible not to love you."

Bucky laughs, a sound that makes your heart absolutely melt.

You play a few more rounds of Uno—kicking Bucky's ass every time, but something changes between you two. The smiles come easier, as do the flirtatious comments.

You knew nothing was ever going to be the same. And you were okay with that.

A/N
I hate this but I wrote it so I'm posting it. Oh well.