loki - trouble (part 2)

(Look how cute he is ^ we stan a happy Loki)

"You should just talk to him."

"And say what? 'Hey, you greasy snake, I almost died for you and you've been ignoring me ever since, and I kind of want to punch you in the face but also run my hands through your hair as I ride you?'"

Nat snorted, popping another piece of popcorn into her mouth. "Something along those lines."

"I'm serious, Nat. What the hell am I supposed to do?"

You were in quite the predicament. After your bullet wounds had healed, you'd had a sudden, and terrible, realization: you liked Loki. And to make matters worse, he'd been avoiding you ever since.

"Look, if it was me, I'd tell him. In our line of work, it's better to tell someone how you feel before it's too late."

. . .

Why the hell were you so nervous? This was just Loki. You would tell him how you felt, and it he didn't feel the same way... Well, things would go back to normal. You'd make sure of that.

You wrung your hands together, standing before his room in Avengers Tower. Come on, Y/N, you thought. You've never been a coward. Just as you had raised your fist to knock, his door swung open.

Loki blinked, once. Twice. "Y/N." He was obviously surprised to see you, and it didn't seem like it was a happy one. He shook his head. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Thanks to you," you joked, trying to get rid of some of the awkward silence.

"Good. That - that's good. Um... what are you doing here?"

"You never came to see me, and... And I wanted to make sure you were okay." God, why was your heart beating so fast?

"You..." Loki huffed out a laugh, running a hand through his hair. "You wanted to make sure I was okay?"

"Yeah, I-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

The words echoed, and you swore your heart stopped beating. Only for a second. "What?" You heard yourself say.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You almost died taking not one, but two bullets for me, and you want to make sure I'm okay? Are you an idiot?"

"Loki..."

"Why did you even come here? I don't want to see you," he spat.

"I came here because I care about you." Loki looked stricken. As though he couldn't believe that someone would actually give a damn about him.

Why were things so weird between you two? And why... Why was Loki trying to block your view from his bedroom?

"I care about you, Loki," you said, reaching up to caress the side of his face, down his neck, to where you then gripped his hand. "In fact, I think that I'm falling in - "

"Loki," a voice - female - wafted over to you from inside Loki's room. And then you realized... Oh. Oh. "Come back to bed."

Your heart breaking must have shown on your face, because Loki gripped your hand harder. "Y/N."

"No - it... it's fine, Loki. I get it. You don't feel the same way."

You wrenched your hand free from Loki's, and he didn't try to stop you as you hurried away from him, down the hall to your own bedroom.

You just prayed they would stay quiet enough that you wouldn't hear them all throughout the night.