7.4

CHAPTER FOUR

Disequilibrium

- - - - -

Ana rolled up to Cassie's school.

She parked the van and turned off the ignition. With one hand on the wheel, she angled her torso to look over at Scott and Hope as they flew away, towards the school grounds. The goal today was to obtain the original Ant-Man suit that had been shrunken and taped to the underside of a World's Greatest Grandma trophy that Cassie had taken to school for show-and-tell, despite Scott having asked her to leave it at home were it would be safe.

Hank removed his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. It was just the two of them now. He noticed how Ana still hadn't touched her phone even when it buzzed with text notifications. He looked down at his hands, and exhaled slowly. "So, you wanna talk about it?" He asked her.

Ana's eyes flickered over at Pym, and she had to stop from letting out a laugh. She knew it must have been awkward for him to ask her that. He wasn't really the talkative type. She didn't say anything at first. She took a breath and shook her head. "That's okay, Hank. It's just some drama that I'm sure you don't want to hear about. Secrets and lies, that sort of thing."

"Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it'll all work out in the end." Hank offered her a small smile.

"Hey, Hank. Just so you know, I'm gonna make sure you and Hope get Janet back. Whatever it takes. I know how important it is to you to get the family back together again. Even if the risks to do so are fatal." Ana declared. Hank wasn't that all surprised by her words. He knew she meant them and he nodded. She gave him a fleeting smile, before her eyes trailed off. She chuckled lightly, "You know, I'd give anything to see my team all in the same room. They may not be blood, but I don't need a connection like that to love 'em like I do."

"The Avengers?" Hank asked.

"Yeah. I don't know if you heard but we're all pretty much done in the hero-ing business."

"Except for you." Hank chuckled at her innocent expression. "I watch the news. Saw you and the Devil of Hell's Kitchen teaming up to save New York. You thinking of taking up vigilantism?"

Ana smirked slightly. "I wouldn't mind it. But then again, New York is filled with all kinds of heroes. From Spider-Man to Jessica Jones - I'd say the city is in capable hands."

Hank looked over his shoulder. What he saw made him breathe a little easier. "Speaking of capable hands. Here they come." Hank said as Hope settled back inside the van behind Ana's seat. The Wasp patted Ana's shoulder and sent her a delighted smile, tilting her head at the man running towards them.

"That was pretty fas- Scott?!" Ana exclaimed. Scott stood in a blue hoodie outside the van on the edge of the curb - the size of a toddler. His arms were at his sides and his shoulders deflated at the sound of Ana's laugh.

"Ana, please stop..." Scott sighed out, struggling to get inside the van. It only made Ana laugh harder. She clutched her stomach when it went sore, and wiped at her watery eyes.

"Hiya, champ. How was school today?" Hank teased, earning a fake laugh from Scott in response.

"Get your jokes out now. Can you fix the suit?" Scott questioned, tone stern.

Ana covered her mouth with her hand as Hope slyly replied with, "So cranky."

"You want a juice box and some string cheese?" Hank offered sarcastically.

Ana shut the door after Scott and restarted the car. She snickered under her breath when Scott, in all seriousness, said, "Do you really have that?"