Chapter 1

I'd like to think of myself as a logical person. Even through all the chaos in my life, I have kept myself sane... or at least as sane as possible. I'm not like most people, who can't control their lives, or their emotions. Instead, I always ask myself what needs fixing in my life, and try to fix it.

Through most of my life, I have been average. I always had average grades, average looks, and average problems, at least I had thought so. When people started to treat my differently, I thought the reason was that they were just jealous of my normalcy. Now, I'm not sure if that's the case.

Today is my high school graduation. It's far different than anything I had wanted when I was younger, but I'm trying to go with the flow and accept it. My best friend left last year, my mom isn't around to celebrate, and I don't have a scholarship, but at least I'm free now.

"Kaelynn Baker," my principal through the last 4 years announces. I don't even think I know his name.

I walk up to the front to take my certificate. None of my family is in the audience. Nobody in the audience even cares about me. Quite possibly, that could be why I've given up. But I'm still not sure about the full reason.

Once I've sat back down, I stay in my seat for a few moments watching as the rest of my grade graduates. I've known some of these people for the past 13 years of my life, but still none of them are my friends. I used to have friends, until my mom decided that moving us away for a month would be fun. When we returned, no one trusted that I would stay anymore, so I was ditched by my old friends. I still don't know why my mom made us move. Maybe she had thought that things would change; they didn't.

"Tyler Mason." The principal is still going. I had shut him out, but now I see he still is only up to the M's. I start to get antsy.

I look around myself and notice how everyone is drawn to the principal and new graduates. Standing up, I excuse myself for the bathroom, and leave my row. Everyone might think I'm dumb for leaving, but I have my reasons. Of course, no one would ever want to hear them.

-------

This chapter was written by IAmALovatic4Life

I hope you enjoy it so far!