Humanity

"Cas, I'm ready for you!" cried Sam from the crossroads.

Cas arrived in a second and zapped Sam and the demon to the basement of the bunker.

Sam quickly tied the demon to a chair under a Devil's trap and looked at Castiel.

"Dean?"

"I put him upstairs in his bedroom. He won't wake up until I awaken him." explained the angel.

Sam nodded and turned to the demon.

"You know something; you know about what's wrong with Dean and why he's been having these fits of pain. Tell me and I'll let you go without a scratch," started Sam.

"Do you really expect me to just tell you?"

"No, but I was hoping for it, didn't want to get my new shoes dirty," said Sam with a grin.

He tortured her for hours on end. At one point Cas just left; he didn't want to see that.

Finally, she talked.

"ALRIGHT! OKAY! I'LL TELL You! Just please stop," the demon breathed heavily. Her body was covered with bruises and blood.

"Everything? You'll tell me everything?" questioned Sam forcefully.

"Everything."

Sam took a step back to let her speak.

"When Crowley first took Dean, Dean fought back; he wanted to get back to you, but Crowley tortured him until they could be on board the same plan. Crowley needed to make sure that Dean was trustworthy and so much like a demon that he would even betray his brother..."

"Go on," said Sam with controlled rage.

"No," said the demon in fear. "Crowley will- he'll-"

"I swear to you right now that anything Crowley does to you will be nothing in comparison to what I will do to you. I will rip your skin off your body, tear you apart, limb   by   limb. You will be screaming to the rooftops and I won't give you a chance to catch your breath unless you tell me right now what the hell is going on with my brother and I don't give second chances so you better decide fast."

"OKAY!" she screamed when she saw Sam coming towards her with a bucket of salt and holy water. "Okay, I'll talk. I'll talk."

Sam put the bucket down.

"Crowley wants to start up the Apocalypse again with you as Lucifer's vessel and Dean as Michael's. He's found a way to get into the pit, but he'll only open it when you are there, ready to say yes."

"No; Crowley never wanted the Apocalypse to happen. He never wanted Lucifer to take his place at the throne!"

"It was always a cover. He was always working for Lucifer, but he had a backup plan. Dean is his backup plan."

"No," said Sam quietly in disbelief.

"Yes. And as to why your brother is having fits of pain; that's his humanity."

"What?"

"Well Crowley couldn't let him be a full time demon, or Michael would never accept him as a vessel so sometimes, especially when he's close to people he knows or has a relationship with, flashes of his humanity will come through."

"So my brother is still human?"

"Did I stutter?"

Sam looked at the demon.

"I know all I need to know from you."

"So you're gonna let me go?"

Sam chuckled.

"That'd be too easy... Cas!"

The angel came.

"Kill her."