He shook his head in what seemed like an attempt to shake away the confusion that was swirling through his head, and grabbed the remaining bag on the ground, that unnecessarily suffered Kaycee's hard throw before following her steps towards the car.

The brisk California air welcomed him as he exited the building, the sun now setting, making the sky transform from bright blue to deep pink. And Sean was pretty sure he would have enjoyed the view more if he wasn't dreading the evening he was sure to spend, figuring out why the curly-haired girl was so upset with him.

He fidgeted his feet on the pavement that covered the parking lot, kicking the loose pebbles as he walked.

He silently prayed to himself, hoping that the angry girl didn't take the car, leaving him stranded, several miles away from either of their homes. But his worries were quickly put to rest as he spotted the car - Kaycee sitting in the passenger seat, her face expressing her displeasure when she spotted him.

He lifted himself into the driver's seat, taking the keys that sat on the middle console and placing them in the ignition.

The car roared with life but Sean didn't make any attempt to drive, instead, he faced Kaycee, who once again refused to acknowledge his presence.

"Do you want to talk because I am completely clueless as to why you're so upset?  We were just dancing and the next second you are storming out."

He placed his hand on her exposed knee, trying to use his touch as a way of convincing her to give him any indication of what was going on but his efforts were useless.

"Why dance with me when there are obviously so many other people you connect with?" She snapped at him before snatching her knee out from under his grip and turning her legs towards the window.

The drive back to his house was just long enough for him to finally figure out why she was acting so bitter towards him and he couldn't stop the smile that tugged at his lips at the thought of Kaycee being jealous.

*****

He saw her shake her head as she grabbed a water bottle from the mini fridge that was placed on the wall opposite from where his trophies were stacked, years of dance leaving him with quite the collection.

"No," she protested completely rejecting his pleas. "I'm so sick of seeing all those comments about "Sean having such good chemistry with everyone he dances with" and how "Sean can barely keep his hands to himself when he dances with people,"  Kaycee exclaimed, the pitch in her voice raising as she mocked the comments she read earlier from his post.

She gulped the water down before placing the lid back on and throwing it roughly towards the corner of the room making Sean raise his eyebrows in amusement.

Kaycee's frustrations grew when she spotted the look on her boyfriend's face, obviously not showing any regret for his latest duet he did - with someone that wasn't her.

"Okay, you just made that up, no one said I couldn't keep my hands to myself when I dance with other people." he laughed at her exaggerations but quickly cleared his throat when he saw her stern face, eyebrows raised, daring him to say anything else.

"You're right, they said you couldn't keep your hands to yourself when you dance with her."

She wasn't usually the jealous type, in fact, she always prided herself with the fact that she and Sean were never that couple that refused to let each other have friends of the opposite sex. They both trusted each other enough to know that they would never cross the line of friendship and intimacy with any of the other people in their lives.