22- The Good, The Bad, And The Calum.

I jumped-then winced in pain-when I felt an arm held around my waist.

"Hey! Calm down babe." Calum chuckled, but his raspy voice showed his just woke up. Or that I've just woken him up.

"Ugh, Cal. Let go of me." I groaned. He did as I said, I sat up, letting my legs fall to the floor so I could stand up. I stomped into the bathroom, sorting out my hair but not bothering with anything else. You could see each cut I had gotten from the shards of glass from last night. It looked terrible, but I couldn't put any makeup on to cover it up, they aren't healed enough yet. I turned off the light in the bathroom and walked out, but I was caught by surprise when Calum wrapped his arms around my waist. Pressing our bodies together with a smirk on his face.

"You look beautiful today." He said it, but I didn't believe it. I looked awful with the cuts and bruises. I sighed, basically waiting for him to release me. He looked hurt, and I know I looked like a bitch for being rude to him, but I just want him off my back. I didn't care how much I liked him.

"Vanessa, we are going sight seeing today."

"But-"

"No buts, your going." He stated

*

Calum had dragged me out of the hotel, even after I refused. I just slipped on a pair of ripped jeans, and I tucked his shirt into my belt.

So here we were, sitting on the bench outside of the hotel. I don't know why, but I sat with him waiting for whatever he had coming. When he took hold of my hand to pull me up as the taxi arrived, I was scared to get in the car.

Sure, I got into the cab after the accident... But I feel even worse now.

"Hey, it's alright. Uh... I guess we can just walk." He understood why I was afraid. Calum let go of my hand and handed the taxi driver a bit of money and he drove off. A small encouraging smile played on Calum's lips as he took my hand again. I took it to stand up, but after we started walking I slowing pulled it from his grip.

He looked over at me, wrapping an arm around me. I sighed when I realized I couldn't wiggle out from his grip.

"Cut that out, I'm not letting you go." He rubbed my arm to comfort me "I'm not gonna turn on you like the lads back home." He said, I nodded.

He really didn't let go... Calum kept his grip on me for most of the walk.

"A koala sanctuary?" I asked

"Yea!" He said with a huge smile. I chuckled, walking inside with him.

"Cal, if I agree to hold your hand can you let go?" I laughed, he nodded, holding my small hand in his larger one.

I actually enjoyed the trip more than I thought I would. It was probably the cutest thing how Calum's eyes would light up like a child when he saw one of the animals. I loved Calum, I wasn't going to deny that, but I hated it. I just couldn't say no to him, even when I'm trying.

When the tour ended, I pulled on Calum's arm to grab his attention. He had the biggest smile on his face, it made me smile back at him.

"Can we go back now?" I asked.

"I was gonna take you shopping, but if you want." He told me, I just nodded. I was kinda over all of the people looking at me strangely. He leaned down to my level as we walked "don't worry, you look as beautiful as ever."

*

We got back and I changed into sweatpants immediately. When I laid back into the bed, starring at the ceiling, I couldn't help it when my mind became flooded with negative thoughts.

It wasn't a huge deal, it's something I've become used to. Any normal person would say I was too familiar with it... I didn't know where Calum had gone, but I stepped into the bathroom to look in the mirror.

I just saw imperfections. No wonder I've gotten so many beating from the guys, and why I was so closed out and reserved. Others say "shy" but I really wasn't. I could speak my mind when I wanted.

I walked out, opening the small fridge under the counter in the kitchen. I pulled out a beer from the door and I couldn't get the top off. I sighed, noticing the doors were opened leading to the balcony.

"Cal, could you open this?" I asked. He was starring at the ocean whist leaning against the metal barrier keeping him from falling.

"No."

"But you haven't even tried-"

"I mean, I'm not going to open it." He said cutting me off. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Drinking can't be your way of coping forever Vanessa." I noticed him let out a puff of smoke after he spoke. I sighed, placing the unopened drink on the table. I knew he was true, but drinking made everything go away for awhile. Even if I was doing it illegally.

"Fine. But if I can't drink... You can't smoke." I said, smirking as I placed a hand on my hip. He took an extra long drag, before putting it out in the ask tray.

"Whatever." He said

"No. Give me the pack." I demanded. He groaned, sending me a glance before pulling a half filled pack from his back pocket and placing it in my hand. I raised my eyebrows at him. "And the other."

"Ugh. I hate you." He grumbled, walking inside and pulling the cigarettes from his jacket and giving them to me.

I tossed them into the trash without hesitation. "It can't be that hard... Right?"

"Sure" I laughed

We spent the entire night on that balcony. It was just so beautiful to watch the sun set bast the sea.

"I'm gonna get some rest. Come in when you want." Calum said with a yawn. He went inside and closed the door behind himself. I sat in silence with my eyes closed listening to the waves below me. The door creaked open a minute later, I didn't open my eyes but I heard Calum's footsteps.

"I forgot something." I heard him whisper. I couldn't move when I felt his lips plant a kiss on my cheek.

Why did he have to do that?