12- Unpredictable

So, let's go over everything that Calum has put me through.

-Teased me for being me.

-Called me names I'm not.

-Beaten me on several occasions.

-Made me scared to stand up for myself.

-Forced me to be silent.

Yet, here I am, standing in front of his locker. With a note that could completely change how he treats me. At least I hoped. I wrote the simplest I could,

Found a job, if your mom shows up... It's hers. ~ V

That's all I put, along with the information that is. I folded it and slipped the paper through the vents at the top of his locker. Even though he has hurt me, no one deserves to feel like they have to provide for their family like that. Because I could tell by missing those school days the homework was starting to build up on his part.

He can nock me down as much as he wants... But I know I did a good thing.

It was Monday... And that sucked. A smile still crept it's way onto my face as I sat in front of Ashton in English. I set my books down, turning around in my seat to face him, resting my arms on his desk.

He laughed at me, "why are you so happy?" I shrugged, but when I looked closer at him, his lips were slightly more... Red, than usual...

"So, everything is going good with Hannah, I see?" I joked, starting to chuckle at his puzzled and confused expression. I pointed to his lips and his face became a deeper red than his mouth. He wiped the lipstick away quickly, dismissing me to turn around.

I caught Michael looking at us, and I sent him a smile before turning to face the teacher. I noticed Calum sitting in the very back, just starring at his desk. I wonder if he got the note...

*

Science was particularly boring, and the lecture seemed to never end. I found myself starring at Luke. But, not like that! Just at the tattoos on his arms, and his piercings... I was the opposite to him. To Michael and Ashton as well. But, they fascinated me. To an extent that I've never had before. The ink covering their arms infatuated my imagination, like what each doodle covering their skin meant.

Why had they even befriended me?

I really didn't understand. At first I hardly even talked, but somehow they shoved their way into my life. I wasn't upset about that, I was grateful. They might look like trouble, but they actually care. They are true softies, and partially innocent children at heart. You'd think they were flunking, but they were above average, except for Michael. He was getting low C's-

Someone shoved my arm lightly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Class is over." Luke laughed, standing up. I got up and opened my locker, putting my books away and grabbing my Spanish textbook.

"Hey. Don't even go near her." Someone spoke from the other side of my locker.

"Mate, I just wanted to talk to her, promise." This voice I recognized, it was Calum. But, his voice was a little more raspy than it usually was.

"Don't call me mate. I'm not your friend." It was Michael. I sighed, closing the locker. Knowing I'd have to face Calum.

"Michael, calm down. I'm fine." I said seeing Mike was already practically fuming. I stood beside him, looking in Calum's direction. He was wearing the usual, a loose black singlet, black skinny jeans only cut at the left knee, and a grey beanie covering his obviously un styled, curly hair. One thing was different, a pair of large sunglasses covered his eyes.