1- Mrs. All American

I trudged through the halls of my new high school, eyes glued to the floor, clutching the books to my chest. I looked at my schedule again, and continued on my way, not a second later, I was shoved to the ground after bumping into someone.

"Watch it." Someone snarled out. They made their way past me, they had black quiffed hair, tight black jeans, and a muscle tee. I shook it off, scurrying along to my next class. I was a little early so I just sat in the back, seeing that the teacher wasn't here. I couldn't have been more nervous as people started filling the seats around me, one by one...

I'm sorry, I should introduce myself...

Hi, I'm Vanessa. I moved to Sydney, Australia from America a week ago. This is my senior year in high school, and about four months into the school year here. So everyone already knew each other... Then there is me... The quiet girl who never spoke out, got straight A's, and of course, now, the new girl, but there is more to me you just have to dig a little deeper.

I kept my head low, avoiding the stares I was being given by the other students. A hand was slammed on my desk loudly, causing me to jump, meeting the persons gaze. I swallowed hard knowing it was the boy from in the hallway.

"Get out of my seat." He commanded. He was attractive, but scary. I got up immediately, gathering my books, and noticing most of the other seats were taken... I stood up front as I saw the teacher walk in. I got her attention, telling her I was new.

"Alright! We have a new student, how exiting!" She exclaimed. God, she annoys me already. "This is Vanessa, make her feel welcome" she spoke. No one seemed to care, not in the slightest... "Go sit I front of-uh- Ashton." She adds, pointing to a boy with brown curly, almost red hair, and a black bandana around his forehead. I walked over, sitting in the desk directly in front of this Ashton kid...

It was English, and it went by quickly, nothing really happened... We are reading a book. That's all... I waited a second after the bell, allowing other students to leave before I did. Turns out my left class is science, on the other side of school... Great.

I walked past loud students, avoiding all obstacles. But a hand reached over me, stealing my book from my arms. I stopped, utterly confused, meeting dark brown eyes. A smirk plastered across his face, just as I noticed three other guys. One with blonde hair, and a pierced lip, the Ashton boy, and lastly one with black hair and red stripes.

I recognized the one with brown eyes from not to long ago, and I sighed trying to pull my book from his grasp, but failing. He held it out of my reach, scanning the cover,

"Wow, your reading The Fault In Our Stars?!" He states, starting to laugh. The others join in, making me feel uncomfortable, the fact that they were all around 6 feet tall and I was nearly 5,7 was worse.

"Oi, Calum. Give it here" said the blonde one, Calum passed it over, and he looked at it, almost bursting into tears from laughter. I was getting irritated...

"Seriously, just give it back" I say quietly.

"What was that?" Calum mocks, placing a hand by his ear, as if he couldn't hear me.

"What's wrong, don't you speak?" The one with black and red hair jokes. I roll my eyes at the idiots. Calum smacked the other books out of my hand as I tried to retrieve my book once again. I noticed the halls were empty... I'm late!

"Give it back!" I say louder. They all had fake shocked faces, until Ashton spoke up.

"Wow, it talks!" He gasps dramatically.

"Luke, give the poor girl her book back. Give her a break." Someone says, taking the boys attention off of me. He dropped the book onto the floor, walking away. I started to pick up my books with a sigh,

"Se ya later!" They called out mockingly. A hand picked up my last book, placing it in my arms. I looked up, and a boy with dark brown hair, swept to one side, and golden eyes. He smiled shyly at me, I stood up, noticing he was taller than the guys who were just here...

"Hi, I'm Drew." He says "your new here right?" He asks, I nodded. "What's your next class?" He asks again. I scrambled to find it, but found it a minute later, handing it to him. "Science, I'm in that class too. Is it okay if I walk with you?" He adds, I just shrug. He laughs a little, starting down the hall with me.

I could tell he was a little awkward, but I guess I was too. It was quiet for awhile until he spoke up again.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with those guys..." He says looking over at me for a second.

"Uh, yea... What was that about? And like, what are their names?" I ask him furrowing my eyebrows together for an answer.

"Well, the one with blonde hair is Luke, Michael has the black and red hair, Ashton with the bandana, and lastly, Calum, he was the dark haired one. I'd try my best to stay away from them..." Drew explains.

"Why?" I say feeling confused. "I mean, not that they aren't jerks... But you get it..." I add quickly.

He hesitated, but we turned the corner, and he opens a door for me, avoiding my question.

"Yes, why are you late Mr.Drew?" An older lady asks, looking rather bitter.

"Sorry Ms.Rodgers... She is new here and I was helping her around..." I just now remembered I never told him my name...

"Oh, this is Vanessa!" The teacher says looking rather exited all of a sudden. She told me to sit, and when I looked, I saw the worst thing...

The only open seat was beside that Luke boy... And the other three guys were sitting in different parts of the room. I sat down, and Luke looked over at me, with a rather amused expression.

Today sucks.