❥ 63: ι'll reмeмвer

To kaorulewis

for being in love with Gaara and Hotaru's story

*********************************************************************
Shikamaru blinked at the beam of lights. Behind the studio of the runway, were rims of neon colors and disco light machines--the kind of event you might accidently think of as a nightclub party. But this was no lazy amusement.

The banner outside the arena says it all. Konoha Runway Show 2013

In that case, he knew how pretty troublesome things are now but he guessed this was Tsunade's way of proclaiming peace. In fact the Nations were all invited.

He gave off a breathtaking exhale. He was pretty nervous though. He was Leaf's head supervisor, Chunnin exams' proctor, Tsunade's adviser--failure was no option. The question is, when is the next time Madara intends to visit? All of them had gotten to their strangling points ever since the stranger has arrived--the man who claims to be the begotten Uchiha, is friends with his best friend, Ino. Terrific.

He watched Ino from meters away, a few chuunin women placing her makeup. Yes, she has bloomed from a bud to a kosmo. "Purple. You don't know me very well if you don't give me something purple." Shikamaru stared at her. Every strand of her hair waved at the wind, her eyelashes placing deep shadows below her lids. She was holding her phone, probably texting some other boys. And he wouldn't be surprised...

...Ino had a lot of suitors.
Dozen of them, or maybe even more.

Something ticked irritatingly at his ear, a sound of television cracking.
"Keep your head in the misson, Nara." Neji said in a dictatorial voice. "I see you're becoming a bit more.. Observant. Do that and you'll lose track of people who are watching you nearby."

Shikamaru twisted the control on his ear. Neji was deeply affected of what troubles had gotten into Hinata, and so he'd sworn to avenge her for the masked man's one simple dismeanor:for not keeping his mouth shut. There was one thing Neji didn't know though--while they were busy hunting a villain in the crowd--Shikamaru was tasked to watch over Ino. It was an unofficial order Tsunade sent that he couldn't decline. Then he considered--other nations have lost many kunoichis in a row, he couldn't risk it.

"No sign of him."

Shikamaru lied. When the Leaf staffs have left, there was a shadow that appeared inside the studio--it looked like a vortex that leads to an outer space. He was carrying a boquet of flowers.

Ino smiled deliberately. She stood up to welcome Madara, even dressed in a pink bathrobe. Ino loved surprises.

"Thought you'd never make it."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Obito smiled, revealing his set of white teeth. "Have I forgotten to mention how beautiful you looked in that dress?" Ino laughed as she held the flowers in her hands, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You'd make a beautiful bride one day."

Shikamaru watched the whole scenery. He was willing to break when he saw everything, as if his whole world had been living a lie.

"What are you doing here?? You weren't supposed to come, remember?" Ino asked enthusiastically. Shikamaru leaned closer from the doorway to listen.

"I saw the invitation." Madara said holding out a piece of envelope. "You can't hide this from me love, I know every corner and secrets in this village."