Ch. 9

I could understand why Jay and Presley lived in a gigantic house and had tons of pretty girls at their parties. Presley was unbelievably good looking and could sing, as well as play the drums for his semi-famous band. He was, like, too perfect. He had light brown hair and brilliant blue eyes, your regular heart throb. Dylan O'Brien times a million, basically.

Other than noticing how attractive everyone was in the room, I also noticed how unattractive everything smelled. Parties are permission to have strangers stink up your house with cigarettes and a keg, and probably marijuana. At least one person. Somewhere.

Jay and I had come down the staircase hand in hand and he hadn't removed his since, leading me around, saying hello to a couple of friends.

"Oi!" one of them shouted, "Jay! C'mere!"

Jay looked to me for my approval and I nodded, not really caring much for the party and hoping the guy that had waved us over would provide some sort of entertainment. On the walk over to the guy that had called at Jay, a number of girls had given me a death stare and I think one guy did, too.

"Hi," the man that had called Jay over slurred, leering at me. "I'm Chris."

"Good to know," I responded. He stuck his hand out to shake my free one. I took his hand out of politeness, but, in hindsight, probably should not have because he yanked me into a bear-hug, crushing my lungs and simultaneously copping a feel. As soon as his hand made contact with my butt, I brought a knee up to his crotch as hard as I could.

As he knelt over in pain, Jay glowered at me, telling me, "Chill out, it's just a party." What. Hours ago he had been ridiculously insane over me just talking to Oliver. I yanked my hand away from his but didn't storm off like I usually would have. Curiosity got the better of me and I stayed, observing how Jay changed around his friends. He had a cup in his hand, full of beer, and didn't seem that affected by me taking my hand back. I edged away from the group, leaning against a wall and letting them socialize.

"Honey," Chris whined, turning to me, "get back over here, you're the reason we called Jay."

I considered flipping him off. But what would that solve? Also, if I was in the mix, I could more directly observe how Jay changed in front of them. Jay's hand snaked around my waist, fastening me to his hip. It wasn't uncomfortable, but definitely not my favorite way to handled.

"Have you guys done it yet?" Chris asked, completely overstepping his boundaries.

Jay looked at me before he went ahead with a lie, "Of course! I can hardly keep her off of me, isn't that right?" He turned his head to mine. I knew he was acting drunk for his friends and in all honesty, I found it funny that he had to put on his mask. Doesn't have secrets my right foot. Maybe I should mess with him. I should.

I wrapped my arm around his waist, letting my hand drop to his butt and gave it a tight pinch. "Of course you're right," I said, grinning. "It awfully sad, though," I said turning to the group. When all of their eyes were on me, I continued, "It's not much fun when he's lacking, if you guys catch my drift." I pointed to his groin area with wide eyes. They burst out laughing, flinging their heads back in their guffaws.

Jay turned very serious and whispered in my ear, "Really? That's not cool."

I scoffed, turning my face away from him. "I'm going to go get a drink," I excused myself, removing Jay's arm from my waist as I did so.

I slipped through the crowd, carefully avoiding the more sporadic dancers. Even though I had wandered the downstairs only once before, it was relatively easy to navigate to the kitchen with the open layout of the house.